Acronis

chronos55

Thank you for that link. :) Looks like a good deal. Wonder what it means "Type: function limited demo " on the offer page? Have you tried it yet?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Thank you for that link. :) Looks like a good deal. Wonder what it means "Type: function limited demo " on the offer page? Have you tried it yet?

The 'function limited demo' applies to the actual download. If you download the trial version, it won't enable you to actually backup/restore your drive or partition. You need to buy it to do that.

It's the same as Registry optimisation tools. The trial version will enable you to see if you have anything that needs optimising, but won't optimise until you buy.

The Acronis True Image 11 for $9.99 deal ends at the end of this week. We found a better deal where you also get Disk Director 10 for free. Both products for ?6!

Chris/vnunet.com

I use Macrium Reflect Free and Drive Image XML and don't pay a cent.

True, but the deal is a no-brainer. Two commercial products, retailing for $79.99 for only $9.99. Some people have been buying to sell on...I think.

On a sidenote, we'll be giving away Paragon Hard Disk Manager 8.5 SE on vnunet.com in October. Deal already done. Waiting on the banners etc.

Chris/vnunet.com

True, but the deal is a no-brainer...

Chris/vnunet.com

Now there's the kind of deal I can understand. :lol:

Actually did buy it, installed it on a vm and used most all of the features. It worked well. Runs light enough. System backup and restore worked well, file backups worked well, DiskKeeper10 partitioning worked well. Haven't put it on the "real" computer yet. Soon...

Acronis has gotten good reports for years, and the name makes it worth the price, especially if you have limited time to experiment.

Thanks for the offer, Chris, and for the link, Chronos55. :D

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Now there's the kind of deal I can understand. :lol:

Actually did buy it, installed it on a vm and used most all of the features. It worked well. Runs light enough. System backup and restore worked well, file backups worked well, DiskKeeper10 partitioning worked well. Haven't put it on the "real" computer yet. Soon...

Acronis has gotten good reports for years, and the name makes it worth the price, especially if you have limited time to experiment.

Thanks for the offer, Chris, and for the link, Chronos55. :D

no problem login123,i am glad to see there is at least 1 more person who is not afraid to spend ?6

no problem login123,i am glad to see there is at least 1 more person who is not afraid to spend ?6

Has nothing to do with not wanting to spend 6 what evers. I am totally happy with Macrium Reflect Free and Drive Image XML. They are installed and working perfectly for me. I have all the features I want and need and both are lite non bloated apps. I would have gained nothing with Acronis that I would have used. I wouldn't have installed Acronis even if it was free.

I use Macrium Reflect Free and Drive Image XML and don't pay a cent.

Are you able to clone your system drive onto a new HDD and swap them out, and use the new cloned drive immediately? Also can you restore a completely corrupt, unbootable system with the programs disaster recovery CD that you create? I have found those features most useful in Acronis True Image, And that is just the beginning of the backup and recovery functions it has to offer. Thanks!

Are you able to clone your system drive onto a new HDD and swap them out, and use the new cloned drive immediately? Also can you restore a completely corrupt, unbootable system with the programs disaster recovery CD that you create? I have found those features most useful in Acronis True Image, And that is just the beginning of the backup and recovery functions it has to offer. Thanks!

You can make an image of the HD and put that image on a CD/DVD or Extrenal HD. Boot from a recovery disk and restore the image to a brand new empty HD . Isn't that what you are doing?

Just to clarify. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Acronis. It has an excellent reputation. I am saying the programs I use do what I need and more and for free.

You can make an image of the HD and put that image on a CD/DVD or Extrenal HD. Boot from a recovery disk and restore the image to a brand new empty HD . Isn't that what you are doing?

Just to clarify. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Acronis. It has an excellent reputation. I am saying the programs I use do what I need and more and for free.

Yeah but theirs cost money. That must make it better, right ? :lol:

:) davey