question regarding SUPERAntiSpyware & SpywareBlaster

razz

From what I gather, both SUPERAntiSpyware & SpywareBlaster do not need to actively run on windows startup, is this correct?

As far as I understand it...after installation of SpywareBlaster, you don't need to open the program except for doing manual updates or to change settings etc....i.e. it does its job just by being installed on your PC. Is this correct?

Also, am I correct in assuming that I treat SUPERAntiSpyware like I would treat Ad-Aware...i.e. just run the program periodically to check for spyware?

Thank you again for your time, I really appreciate it!

From what I gather, both SUPERAntiSpyware & SpywareBlaster do not need to actively run on windows startup, is this correct?

As far as I understand it...after installation of SpywareBlaster, you don't need to open the program except for doing manual updates or to change settings etc....i.e. it does its job just by being installed on your PC. Is this correct?

Also, am I correct in assuming that I treat SUPERAntiSpyware like I would treat Ad-Aware...i.e. just run the program periodically to check for spyware?

Thank you again for your time, I really appreciate it!

Hi Razz I use both of these progs and they are pretty good as you say Spywareblaster just runs in the background and stops spyware entering your pc just update now and again. Superantispyware yes the same as Adaware you have to manually update it does run in your start up progs but I assume this for automatic updates for the paid version but you can easily turn this off.

hope this helps

Steve

• Moderators

SpywareBlaster isn't resident at all, you update it, apply its protection then you close it.

Of course its blockers (ActiveX killbits, etc.) for Internet Explorer will cause the registry size to increase, but that's a small price to pay for the protection.