So what happened to my computer today?

slowday444

Or was it just my monitor? I've been having trouble with this new SB5100 modem the cable company installed last week. I normally turn my computer off if my wife and I are both working, however, I left it on so I could check the modem log and see how often it lost connection. When I left for work at 6:30am it was working fine. When I arrived home and woke the monitor up it had about an inch or better left side black margin. I had to readjust it. I also had a terrible time getting on line, however, that may have just been router recognizing modem and visa versa. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps a program was auto updating and lost connection in the middle of it and it freaked my computer out. Oh and by the way, scanned with NOD32, TrojanHunter and all the anti-adware/spyware progs. All clean, so it wasn't that!

I think: Your monitor lost its settings when its AC power was interrupted.

Try this and see if I'm right -- setup your monitor's geometry a certain way, shut down the PC, then remove AC power to the monitor for 5 minutes and then restore it, and turn everything back on.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

The only thing is, everything is plugged into a trippelite surge suppressor that has a battery backup. All the clocks were fine in the house too. Nothing like this ever happened before, really weird! The bigger question I have is how I lost so much speed with this modem. The other one was made by Arris but the transformer was losing power to the modem several times a day. So they install this motorola and my speeds, for the most part, have been cut by 30%/50%. I was prob averaging high 2mbps now I'm back to low 1+mb. The reason the modem was cutting out is it was showing upstream power of 58 during traffic periods. This modem is just sensitive. I got some GR6 quad shielded cable, split it right to the modem instead of sharing the wreck room feed and its been 53 all night. I think it will be even lower when I get up for work. My wife is off Wednesday so I scheduled the cable guy, however, if it stays healthy all night I might cancel. Still don't understand why I lost all that bandwidth. Good Night!

The only thing is, everything is plugged into a trippelite surge suppressor that has a battery backup.  All the clocks were fine in the house too.  Nothing like this ever happened before, really weird!  The bigger question I have is how I lost so much speed with this modem.  The other one was made by Arris but the transformer was losing power to the modem several times a day.  So they install this motorola and my speeds, for the most part, have been cut by 30%/50%.  I was prob averaging high 2mbps now I'm back to low 1+mb.  The reason the modem was cutting out is it was showing upstream power of 58 during traffic periods.  This modem is just sensitive.  I got some GR6 quad shielded cable, split it right to the modem instead of sharing the wreck room feed and its been 53 all night.  I think it will be even lower when I get up for work.  My wife is off Wednesday so I scheduled the cable guy, however, if it stays healthy all night I might cancel.  Still don't understand why I lost all that bandwidth.  Good Night!

i can do any thing for 1mbps speed!

i get only 74kbps speed during surfing

12 kbps during downloading

via my mobile (dialup connection)