Weird network problem

Stephen

Here's the deal. I have Vista, and Magic Network software which came with my router and which I used to create a home network. Everything has been fine for months.

Today I upgraded from KIS 7 to KIS2009. Couldn't access the internet. I eventually completely uninstalled KIS, and went with the windows firewall. Still no internet. I finally dicovered I had two network connections - one public and one private. Once I removed one I was fine.

EXCEPT - everytime I reboot I'm back to two networks and no internet.

Does anyone have any ideas and solutions?

Here's the deal. I have Vista, and Magic Network software which came with my router and which I used to create a home network. Everything has been fine for months.

Today I upgraded from KIS 7 to KIS2009. Couldn't access the internet. I eventually completely uninstalled KIS, and went with the windows firewall. Still no internet. I finally dicovered I had two network connections - one public and one private. Once I removed one I was fine.

EXCEPT - everytime I reboot I'm back to two networks and no internet.

Does anyone have any ideas and solutions?

Hi Stephen,

It may be interesting to see what is listed in your Windows Services.

I have only used the Windows supplied Network software. I don't have Vista either but I would be interested to learn some more.

:) davey

P.S. Also what do your Startup entries look like now in CCleaner Tools > Startup ?

Edited by davey

• Moderators

It may also help if you post on the Kaspersky forms as well as your problem occured after you upgraded, and they may be able to offer further insight.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=4

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

After three times removing the extra network, coupled with using Tuneup Utilites to clean the registry of all remaing Kaspersky traces, and a couple of more reboots, everythings appears normal.

I know what you mean.

These big heavy-duty security packages can bury themselves pretty deep.

I only tested with Norton for maybe a week but I still find little bits here and there .

That reminds me. Maybe it is time to run their latest version of Norton clean-up tool.

Probably some more stuff will tumble out. :lol:

Good to hear that you got it fixed and especially how. Thanks.

:) davey

• Moderators
After three times removing the extra network, coupled with using Tuneup Utilites to clean the registry of all remaing Kaspersky traces, and a couple of more reboots, everythings appears normal.

To me it almost sounds like a firewall issue.