Official Google toolbar

englishmen

Google have officially release a toolbar for FireFox find it here. I think it is better then the unofficial Google toolbar it also has auto-fill which last time i used the unofficial one it did not it also has translator & a brilliant spell checker which is good for thos of us who cant spall (lmao).

I wouldn't have it if I was paid. There's a Google search bar there built in with no added extras needed. People should learn to have better spelling and grammar on their own. Something that auto fills out forms can't guarantee accuracy either. Enough of this ping-pong argument. Case closed.

• Moderators

I got curious from this and went and installed it to see for my self. Well its ok but I didnt like the fact that I couldnt move it. Its just another big toolbar thier that I cant move the buttons on so that I still only have two actual toolbars. In IE I could do this with the yahoo toobar. As for the features their ok but I probably wouldnt use them. I still dont see the point of using a google search toolbar and a yahoo search toolbar. I'm always going to go to the google site and search from there. Maybe its habit or maybe I'm stubborn but I just wouldnt use them. So I uninstalled it.

I barely have that many extensions anyways. I agree with CaPMan, those things take up too much space. I put my bookmarks toolbar to the right of Help.

Extensions installed: ChromEdit, Download Tweak Manager, User Agent Switcher, Dictionary Search, Allow Right-click, and CuteMenus 2 (adds icons beside the menus).

There's a Google search bar there built in with no added extras needed.  People should learn to have better spelling and grammar on their own.  Something that auto fills out forms can't guarantee accuracy either.  Enough of this ping-pong argument.  Case closed.

The Google bar has many features its not a download only if you use them all thing. About people should learn to spell its not weather you can spell or not its just to make sure i mean look at Microsoft word and open office they both have spellcheckers which I'm sure many if not all users use before saving and or printing a document. When i used Google bar for IE auto fill worked great and so far the same with the FireFox toolbar.

The Google bar has many features. It's ( its) not a download only if you use (them all thing) all of those things. About people should learn to spell;(its) it's not (weather) whether you can spell or not, ( its) it's just to make sure. ( i) I mean look at Microsoft (word) Word and (open office) Open Office; they both have spellcheckers which I'm sure many if not all users use before saving and/or printing a document. When (i) I used Google bar for IE, auto fill worked great and so far the same with the FireFox toolbar.

Grammar and spelling corrections in bold. Those with underline and parenthesis is what it was before correction.

As I have clearly stated numerous times, Firefox already has all of the features that the Google Toolbar for Firefox "says" it has. Read it several times, learn it, comprehend it, and don't reply to it.

Google Toolbar for IE took up space, though it gave IE features it did not have. Such items were better pop-up blocking (especially before SP2 came along). Now with Firefox, even the AutoForm and AutoFill with the Googlebar do not work like they say they do. A very BASIC amount of research will find this. Hell it even tells you if you check the links on the Googlebar page. Firefox already has autocomplete; which esentially is autofill/autoform. GASP! :rolleyes:

Googlebar is as most/all users have said in this thread, a waste of space for browsing and is unneeded. It is as useless as Yahoo's Toolbar for Firefox.

As I said before, Case CLOSED.

First of it is now twice you have said "Case CLOSED."this is a discussion and i find it rude of you to say that.

"Firefox already has autocomplete; which esentially(essentially) is autofill/autoform."

I'm guessing you have not actually downloaded the FireFox toolbar then as if you did you will now that the Auto-Fill feature is not for autofilling your user-name & password it is for autofilling you name, address, country, postcode, phone number etc.

"As I have clearly stated numerous times, Firefox already has all of the features that the Google Toolbar for Firefox "says" it has. Read it several times, learn it, comprehend it, and don't reply to it."

As you say Firefox already has all of the features that the Google Toolbar for Firefox has could you please advise me on how to access the spell checker, word translator, auto-filler for name, postcode, phone number address etc & Blog This! button, cheers.

• Moderators
First of it is now twice you have said "Case CLOSED."this is a discussion and i find it rude of you to say that.

I thought the way your post was picked apart and corrected was rude, but what do I know, just my observation. I was gonna make a comment about it earlier but decided to leave well enough alone.

Just shake hands and make up!

Esentially, which was correct. ;)

I thought the way your post was picked apart and corrected was rude, but what do I know, just my observation. I was gonna make a comment about it earlier but decided to leave well enough alone.

Just shake hands and make up!

The "picking apart" the post was making the point that the Googlebar didn't work. All of the spelling and grammar errors were there. ;)

I dont know about you Tarun but this post which was just to inform and recommend to people that that was now a official Google toolbar available for FireFox. Is really starting to tick me off shall we both agree just to leave it as is. I like it you dont.

I dont know about you Tarun but this post which was just to inform and recommend to people that that was now a official Google toolbar available for FireFox. Is really starting to tick me off shall we both agree just to leave it as is. I like it you dont.

lol. It's not official, it's still beta.

Tools > Options > Privacy > Saved Form Information is where you enable/disable the Firefox autofill feature. But I can understand why some might want to install this. I don't, but I'm not about to criticize those who do.

The autofill in firefox & the Google Firefox toolbar work completely differently in the firefox one you have to first type your info in a every web page for firefox to remember it. In the Google toolbar you type it in once in the option section of Google toolbar and that's it will then autofill Name, Address, phone number, email boxes etc.

lol.  It's not official, it's still beta.

Say what, you don't think just because its in beta in not made officially by Google :lol: .

"As I have clearly stated numerous times, Firefox already has all of the features that the Google Toolbar for Firefox "says" it has. Read it several times, learn it, comprehend it, and don't reply to it." I t has none of the feature sof the Google toolbar."

It has none of the features.