AVAST

gleneagles

For reasons I won't bore you with I have had to put a new motherboard in my computer and reload windows so what I want to know is this, Can I download avast on my friend computer, save it to disk and the load it up and install it on my computer before going on line or is there something in the program (copy protection) that would prevent me from doing this..yes I know its free but I still need reassurance that I would have no problem in going down this path.

I Can't load it direct as I would be without any protection whilst I was downloading it.

Thanks for your help

For reasons I won't bore you with I have had to put a new motherboard in my computer and reload windows so what I want to know is this, Can I download avast on my friend computer, save it to disk and the load it up and install it on my computer before going on line or is there something in the program (copy protection) that would prevent me from doing this..yes I know its free but I still need reassurance that I would have no problem in going down this path.

I Can't load it direct as I would be without any protection whilst I was downloading it.

Thanks for your help

Download the installer on your friends machine and put it on a USB thumbdrive. Copy the Avast installer to your machine and install as normal. Than update Avast and your good to go. You have I think 90 days to register and get your free key which is than good for over a year. This way you install Avast without having to go online to download the installer which you said you wanted to avoid doing.