Best UXTheme Patcher?

Anthony A

What is the best UXTheme Patcher out there? There are many but what one seems to be the least troublesome? This one works well with SP2 http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enh...e-Patcher.shtml but I don't see a version for SP3.

If you have patched the UXtheme file do you need to unpatch it to upgrade to SP3 or does SP3 install fine and undo the patch requiring you to repatch again?

I have UXTheme Multi-Patcher (Neowin Edition) 4.0 on my SP2 and it works fine.

Hmmm, can that be the reason why i wasn't able to install SP3?? Although, i remember it was a registy related problem...

Thats what I need to know. If you have patched UXtheme in SP2 do you need to undo the patch before you install SP3 or what?

To actually answer the question that Anthony A asked, yes it is ok to install SP3 with a patched UXtheme in SP2 without uninstalling the old one, it will just be reset to the Windows standard, so you will need an SP3 version of the patch.

I posted about how to do this on my forum for newbies a while back, using the LE5 theme as an example.

My thread.

You might have done this already by now Anthony, but it could help others anyway.

To actually answer the question that Anthony A asked, yes it is ok to install SP3 with a patched UXtheme in SP2 without uninstalling the old one, it will just be reset to the Windows standard, so you will need an SP3 version of the patch.

I posted about how to do this on my forum for newbies a while back, using the LE5 theme as an example.

My thread.

You might have done this already by now Anthony, but it could help others anyway.

Thanks that what I wanted to know. I have not updated to SP3 as of yet and don't know when I will but want to patch the UXtheme on one of my SP2 machines and wasn't sure about what would happen when I finally did go to SP3. So just update to SP3 and than repatch UXethme again.