Delete temporary files for multiple accounts

Guest hannubys

Guest hannubys

Hi, i would like to delete all temporary files for multiple accounts on one computer but i ran CCleaner and noticed that it only remove file for username logged. Is it possible to do that or is there any workaround ?

It wil be very good if CCleaner can do that.

Hi, i would like to delete all temporary files for multiple accounts on one computer but i ran CCleaner and noticed that it only remove file for username logged. Is it possible to do that or is there any workaround ?

Hi you doin' hannubys ?

Yes there are several workarounds but you must do some searching. Each works based on different approaches and reasons. I will do some "searching" later.

In the meantime, bookmark this link. It is the "handiest" search for many IP.Board forums.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...ode=adv&f=0

Select "Show results as posts" in the lower right hand for easy review of results.

My favorite way of "searching" the forums.

Good luck,

:) davey

Guest hannubys
Hi you doin' hannubys ?

Yes there are several workarounds but you must do some searching. Each works based on different approaches and reasons. I will do some "searching" later.

In the meantime, bookmark this link. It is the "handiest" search for many IP.Board forums.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...ode=adv&f=0

Select "Show results as posts" in the lower right hand for easy review of results.

My favorite way of "searching" the forums.

Good luck,

I did some research my friend but i didn't find any good solution. I just need a feature that would simultaneously scan all users or a workaround. i don't run that every user have to do it manually.

• Moderators
I did some research my friend but i didn't find any good solution. I just need a feature that would simultaneously scan all users or a workaround. i don't run that every user have to do it manually.

1. First Workaround:

2. Make a CCleaner shortcut on the All Users desktop, in XP that's in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

3. You have to log into each user account separately to clean them with CCleaner.

1. Second Workaround Type:

2. Make a CCleaner /AUTO shortcut in the All Users Startup folder, in XP that's in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

With it in the All Users Startup folder it will cover all users, even new user accounts that are created - it's a set it once option.

Of course if you're comfortable making a registry entry you can place CCleaner /AUTO in:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

With it in the HKLM Run area it will cover all users, even new user accounts that are created - it's a set it once option.

Or another option is if you use Spybot - Search & Destroy it can also help you make that startup key in it's Tools->Startup section - probably the easiest way to do it but not necessary if you know what you're doing.

3. You have to log into each user account separately to have CCleaner automatically clean them.

End result is there's no way to properly do what you currently want with how CCleaner is made.

Guest hannubys

Thank but i know all of this tips but it is not what i'm looking for. I don't search something like this. Sometime i access remotely some computers that have multiple profiles and do not have CCleaner installed. So I'm using the portable version of CCleaner that i upload on the remote computer to clean all the craps and i remove it when everything is done. during this remote session i only have access to one profile (I can if i want to go on every profile but it takes time) So that why i'm was asking this if it's possible to do that to clean all profile at the same time. but apparently it is not. I think this will be good. but i found this tool that can do it. I'll prefer CCleaner instead of this one http://www.snapfiles.com/screenshots/cleanup.htm

Thank but i know all of this tips but it is not what i'm looking for. I don't search something like this. Sometime i access remotely some computers that have multiple profiles and do not have CCleaner installed. So I'm using the portable version of CCleaner that i upload on the remote computer to clean all the craps and i remove it when everything is done. during this remote session i only have access to one profile (I can if i want to go on every profile but it takes time) So that why i'm was asking this if it's possible to do that to clean all profile at the same time. but apparently it is not. I think this will be good. but i found this tool that can do it. I'll prefer CCleaner instead of this one http://www.snapfiles.com/screenshots/cleanup.htm

Hi again hannubys,

I am not sure if this information will help you or not but maybe it will give you some ideas.

Running CCleaner over a domain to clean profiles, For Network Administrators and Domain controllers

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...ost&p=98819

Good luck,

Guest hannubys
Hi again hannubys,

I am not sure if this information will help you or not but maybe it will give you some ideas.

Running CCleaner over a domain to clean profiles, For Network Administrators and Domain controllers

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...ost&p=98819

Good luck,

Thank but i already know this. it doesn't help me. For what i'm doing there is no domain controllers.

• 1 year later...

It SHOULD be an elementary feature. If the user has Administrative privileges, he should be able to clean some folder paths in all user profiles, like:

C:\Documents and Settings\user1\Local Settings\Temp

C:\Documents and Settings\user2\Local Settings\Temp

C:\Documents and Settings\etc\Local Settings\Temp

or

C:\Documents and Settings\user1\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sf1u1syx.default\Cache

C:\Documents and Settings\user2\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tyrwertr.default\Cache

C:\Documents and Settings\etc\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wetytyuy.default\Cache

I can if i want to go on every profile but it takes time

Do you mean have access to everyone's user credentials? If that's the case then you may be able to use the dos "runas" command to run ccleaner with each user's credentials. Still not as quick as ccleaner doing it automatically, but quicker than logging into each profile individually.

..... you may be able to use the dos "runas" command to run ccleaner with each user's credentials.

Or maybe not. I can't see why this shouldn't work; but I can't get it to play ball on my test user :angry: . Maybe the way that ccleaner determines "the current user" means this isn't feasible.

• 4 weeks later...
It SHOULD be an elementary feature. If the user has Administrative privileges, he should be able to clean some folder paths in all user profiles, like: ...

I agree with 'daddo' in what it is all about, and that CCLEANER should provide that functionality (as it is quite simple - at least for WinXP).

Some time ago I made a "workaround" command script (.cmd) to delete temporary data in the "C:\Documents and Settings" directory using the command FOR, looking like this:

@echo off

title HenrikS program til sletning af midlertidige filer p? %computername% (ver. 2008-12-14)

rem ===================================================================

rem Sletter alle midlertidige filer (temp+internet) for alle brugere

rem 2008-11-19/HS: F?rste udgave

rem 2008-12-14/HS: Udvidet til at Virke p? dansk/engelsk

color 17

set Lokal_sti=Lokale~1

rem tjek sprog (engelsk?) via pause kommandoen

echo a | pause | find "any key" >nul

IF %errorlevel% EQU 0 set Lokal_sti=Locals~1

echo Tryk Ctrl-C for at afbryde sletning, eller Enter for at starte sletning

pause

for /d %%i in ("c:\documents and settings\*") do call :DelInet "%%i"

pause

goto :eof

:DelInet

echo Nu slettes data for: %~1

for /d %%j in ("%~1\%Lokal_sti%\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\*") do call :DelTDir "%%j"

del "%~1\%Lokal_sti%\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\." /q /a

for /d %%j in ("%~1\%Lokal_sti%\Temp\*") do call :DelTdir "%%j"

del "%~1\%Lokal_sti%\Temp\." /q /a

echo ===================================================================

:DelTDir

echo Sletter %~1

del "%~1\." /q /a

rd "%~1"

PLEASE include the ability to clean temporary files for ALL users/profiles, as it will make CCLEANER more useful for PCs with multible users (each leaving tonnes of temp files...) :rolleyes:

BR, HenrikS

• 1 month later...

I don't know why everyone is trying to complicate this & make it harder than it should be. You want CCleaner to remove all user account temp files in 1 go. That may be hard to do if a user is password protected. Although, I am sure if Handy Recovery could access password protected user accounts, CCleaner could also if they chose.

Rather than to that, this is much simpler than they way others suggest here of adding it to task scheduler for each user, or editing GPO to "roll things out".

Do it this way, & you only have to set it 1 time.

- Open C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder, then open CCleaner

- Options & select Settings

- Under settings, check the Run CCleaner when the computer starts

- Go to Advanced (still under options, above the about button)

- Check hide warning messages & Save all settings to .ini file

- Close CCleaner & right click the just created INI file & select properties

- Change this to read only

Congratulations, now CCleaner should automatically run for all user accounts. The settings are stored in the program file INI, so it should be global for all users when you select run when computer starts. Marking it read only prevents other user accounts from being able to change CCleaner settings.

This is simple, easy, & you only have to do it 1 time.

I am surprised no-one else up here thought about this!

ccleaner is used often for pre-cleaning before spyware removal.

imagine having to login to 50 user accounts before running malwarebytes.

not going to happen.

if the user has admin rights on win2k/winxp it often bypasses the password security for both folders.

i ran my fixed script without issues.

I don't know why everyone is trying to complicate this & make it harder than it should be. You want CCleaner to remove all user account temp files in 1 go. That may be hard to do if a user is password protected. Although, I am sure if Handy Recovery could access password protected user accounts, CCleaner could also if they chose.

Rather than to that, this is much simpler than they way others suggest here of adding it to task scheduler for each user, or editing GPO to "roll things out".

Congratulations, now CCleaner should automatically run for all user accounts. The settings are stored in the program file INI, so it should be global for all users when you select run when computer starts. Marking it read only prevents other user accounts from being able to change CCleaner settings.

'Run CCleaner when the computer starts' isn't an accurate description. This adds an entry to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.

In other words this is a log-on setting, not a machine start-up setting. So 1) you would have to do this for each account and 2) this would only run when each user logs on.

• 1 year later...

Did you realize that the question is not scanning all folders on a boot sequence?

Since I had the same problem here, but I have no access to this sequence. But I have access to other user credentials.

The option 'Run As' worked out for me, thx all!