Program to detect video and download it.

Anthony A

I am looking for a program that will detect all video on a page and let you download it to your machine. I know there are User JavaScript and addons for the browsers that will do this for Flash or specific sites like You Tube but I would like something that will detect all types of video on any site I visit and provide the option to download it. Any suggestions?

Downloadhelper for firefox is the only one I've ever needed. It works great and several of it's detection methods are configurable in terms of what formats are detected. Many common ones are already entered, but you may want to add more, I did.

Read the faq

http://www.downloadhelper.net/faq.php

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

• Moderators
Some download managers I have been looking at can detect video and give the option to download to.

Some download managers can download a whole site, or anything on it. But, many sites have protection against that and consider it abuse and may block your IP address.

Maxthon 2 Browser have a built-in feature for this, called "File Sniffer". Browsing a webpage containing a video an icon

show up on the address bar. Click it to get the movie URL, or to download the file using the built-in Download Manager.

That icon shows up very inconsistently. I can't get it to detect Quicktime video either.

Downloadhelper for firefox is the only one I've ever needed. It works great and several of it's detection methods are configurable in terms of what formats are detected. Many common ones are already entered, but you may want to add more, I did. Read the faq http://www.downloadhelper.net/faq.php

BTW don't use the converter, it's not free.

Not really ff3 compatible yet is Unplug which is good to have as a backup if for some reason Downloadhelper fails.

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.