2.10.618 - Safari and Cookies Bug?

• 2 years later...

Using CCleaner 2.10.618. with Safari 3.1.2 (XP). Cookies are not shown and my cookies exceptions are no longer working.

reviving an old thread, i presume many like myself have just accepted that safari cookies (unlike with other browsers) are not excluded when cleaning - that all of safari's cookies are removed regardless of whether they had been put into the "keep" exceptions list

but rather than just accept that, i thought, why not ask about it and alert the devs to this

so a question is, for those of you who use safari and ccleaner and have cookie exclusions set up (likely a small demographic), can any of you report that your "keep" exclusion for safari cookies works with ccleaner? (i suspect not, which points to a clear ccleaner bug, as i am sure the devs intended for (and presumed that) safari cookie exclusions to be honored

• Moderators

If you know you are wrong in cross posting don't cross post. 'nuff said on that.

Safari uses a .plist file for it's cookies. It seems (as far as I can find) that Apple doesn't provide an API for reading the contents of these files thus all ccleaner can do is delete the entire plist file (which is what it does)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

ok, i hadn't read that anywhere, so this would then explain that result

although it would be interesting to know how others (such as maxa cookie manager) get around this, as they seem to do

anyway, again thanks for the great piriform products (ALL of them) - i'll just have to re-login whenever i have ccleaner erase my safari cookies

• Moderators

I was just making a guess. However I don't know how it does it, nor if it allows for indiviual safari cookies or not (i'd never heard of it nor did it come up in any google searches for safari cookie management). It looks like it runs in the background on your P.C. so perhaps it hooks into safari.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I was just making a guess. However I don't know how it does it, nor if it allows for indiviual safari cookies or not (i'd never heard of it nor did it come up in any google searches for safari cookie management). It looks like it runs in the background on your P.C. so perhaps it hooks into safari.

thanks again

apparently it can run in the background or on demand - i only tried the free version (which doesn't allow whitelisting anything), but it does show what each browser's cookies are and allows differential cookie deletion (or also exclusion for the commercial product - see graphic)

best

post-35945-018471700 1289861692_thumb.jpg

thanks again

apparently it can run in the background or on demand - i only tried the free version (which doesn't allow whitelisting anything), but it does show what each browser's cookies are and allows differential cookie deletion (or also exclusion for the commercial product - see graphic)

best

btw, there seem to be other safari cookie managers that allow safari cookie whitelisting (even though some are mac based, it does apparently underscore that it is doable):

http://www.google.com/#num=100&hl=en&q=safari+cookie+management+whitelist&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=c3d23cf3f8ed4bde