DVD spam post containing malware

DennisD

• Moderators

Just a word to be extra careful with the spate of "DVD conversion software" spam posts appearing on the forum.

I've just removed a very professional looking ad which linked straight to malware and not to a commercial site or commercial software.

I don't know if this is a first generally, but it's a first for me.

• Moderators

There was a similar one deleted this morning which Yokenny had reported.

As Dennis says please be careful everyone. One sure sign is they are usually posted by someone who has only made one post and not a regular.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
There was a similar one deleted this morning which Yokenny had reported.

As Dennis says please be careful everyone. One sure sign is they are usually posted by someone who has only made one post and not a regular.

Probably some group that's doing it, or one person that needs a life because they're all in the same damned format.

Probably some group that's doing it, or one person that needs a life because they're all in the same damned format.
They're making the rounds at forums I visit.

I haven't seen them on hpHosts forum yet but I bet Steven Burn ( MysteryFCM ) will come up with some suitable punishment for them if they do appear there.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
I haven't seen them on hpHosts forum yet but I bet Steven Burn ( MysteryFCM ) will come up with some suitable punishment for them if they do appear there.

They could be blocked by IP address! But the big problem with that is when the IP address is released and someone else not doing anything bad may possibly get it, and they wouldn't be able to visit the forums.

I don't know about banning techniques so sorry if I'm way off, but is banning by MAC address an option? Probably more useless than IP banning if it is. Dialuppers would be immune I think. Does the MAC address ever even get passed?

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

I don't know about banning techniques so sorry if I'm way off, but is banning by MAC address an option? Probably more useless than IP banning if it is. Dialuppers would be immune I think. Does the MAC address ever even get passed?

I believe that the MAC address is way down at the router level best left to routers.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user