Dell Sellout to Government

Frank Bonin

Hi this is my first post. I have just received some very disturbing information and was wondering if it is possible for CC to clean keylogger information if it keylogger is hardware installed by maker? This is being done by Dell and I expect by most other computer makers.

First time to this site, and I will be back as it look like great info and I am will pleased with the results of CC. Thanks, Frank

They could never do that (at least not hear in the UK) and if they did no one would go near the computers.

This is off the thread subject but I'm sure all of us "yanks" here as well as true citizens of this planet join me to let you know we're very sorry to wake up and hear / see what happened in London today.

Back to the topic, it would be suicide for any single manufacturer to even try such a stunt. Maybe one day "governments" will force all manufacturers to do it at one time, probably as part of the CPU with a direct link to the MI5 - MI6 - CIA - NSA - FBI, etc., ... and we all go back to pen and paper. Cheers.

I did some searching trying to find out about the dell keyloggers that you were talking about. The story about the guy with his laptop is a hoax.

Thanks for the update on this as being a hoax. My concern was because my files that I currently being work on are being copied and send via net to someone with a name 'HACKMEM" as I was able to capture one of these files and have watch as others were created and 'seemed' to disappear quickly. Interesting to point out some of my file were stolen and in one case one file was taken for ten days and the folder was returned empty. When I first saw this I said to myself this is a ghost of the file I just created, that was why I found the Dell story interesting as it all fit(and I have a Dell).

Any way to check why their is more going out of Net than coming in? Something is wrong and maybe CC can help?

Thanks, Frank

• Moderators

That is the scariest thing Ive heard happen. Ok what you need to do is get a firewall get this:

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/cata...d=dbtopnav_zass

Next you need an antivirus:

http://store.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry25?...5939&CID=190471

When you get the firewall DO NOT let anything access the internet if you dont know what it is. Only allow windows services and programs that you know what they are.

Also are you using antispyware? look in the freeware pinned topic and look for a post I made that says antimalware get everything thier you can. Update it and scan.

http://forum.CCleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=1224

Thanks for the update on this as being a hoax.  My concern was because my files that I currently being work on are being copied and send via net to someone with a name 'HACKMEM" as I was able to capture one of these files and have watch as others were created and 'seemed' to disappear quickly.  Interesting to point out some of my file were stolen and in one case one file was taken for ten days and the folder was returned empty.  When I first saw this I said to myself this is a ghost of the file I just created, that was why I found the Dell story interesting as it all fit(and I have a Dell).

Any way to check why their is more going out of Net than coming in?  Something is wrong and  maybe CC can help?

Thanks, Frank

Run anti-virus and anti-malware, then post a HijackThis log.