The "Lists" have Moved! :)

TonyKlein

I'm happy to announce a new, dedicated home for the CLSID + other helper lists: http://www.systemlookup.com

The list maintainers, contributors and I have been working on this site non-stop, and enough features are up and running to get it in the hands of the people that need it. :)

Although global search of all lists isn't yet up, you can browse and search by list: http://www.systemlookup.com/lists.php

The following lists are currently available, with more (the O4s and others) coming soon:

* CLSID List - BHOs, Toolbars, SHs, Explorer Bars

* O9 List - Internet Explorer Buttons

* O10 List - Layered Service Providers

* O18 List - Extra protocols

* O20 List - AppInit_DLLs & Winlogon Notify

* O21 List - ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad

* O22 List - Shared Task Scheduler

* O23 List - Services

We look forward to continuing to improve the site and building some great new features to make things even easier.

But for now - Enjoy! :)

Best regards,

Javacool & the List Maintainers and Contributors:

TonyKlein

miekiemoes

Metallica

random/random

nasdaq

teacup61

Marckie

Zupe

Note that the search function per List is slightly different than what you were used to, in that you need to specify whether you're searching for a name, CLSID or filename; this to reduce the number of irrelevant search results.

Please feel free to blog this, and/or post this announcement anywhere else at this board if you feel a certain section is better suited, as well as at any other board you frequent and which we may be forgetting! ;)

Thanks! :)

It looks great but I don't know what they mean when they say you can search or you can browse the lists. All I've gotten is the search option on every page. I see category headings such as CLSIDs, 09, etc. When I click on them I'm back to a search option. I don't see lists anywhere. :huh:

It looks great but I don't know what they mean when they say you can search or you can browse the lists. All I've gotten is the search option on every page. I see category headings such as CLSIDs, 09, etc. When I click on them I'm back to a search option. I don't see lists anywhere. :huh:

"Browsing" may be next on the to do list, not sure...

You can of course search the databases though.

Lots of tweaking still needs to be done, both visible and under the hood; it was however important to us to get the site public as soon as possible.

• 2 years later...

Just wanted to let you know that we have two new Lists up and running at SystemLookup

Firefox Extensions database

Active Setup List, containing items registered to HKLM or HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components

The new Lists do not yet show up on the main "Browse By List" page, but as you can see they can be directly accessed.

Also, a global search for a CLSID or filename will yield results from the new lists as well.

FYI, after the creation of the initial eight Lists mentioned at the start of this topic, the following Lists were also added:

Startup List - Startup / Autorun Entries

O16 List - ActiveX Installs

SEH List - ShellExecuteHooks

Drivers List - Windows System Drivers

And again, we're always grateful for any new submissions. After all, we can't be everywhere at once all by ourselves... ;)

A big thank you to everyone for your continued support!