How to remove "Empty Recycle Bin" from Context Menu

egnm1969

Hi all,

It's been bugging me for a while but I've been wondering if there was any way to remove the "Empty Recycle Bin" from the Recycle Bin context menu ?

The reason being is that I already use the option to "Run CCleaner" on the Recycle Bin context menu, and sometimes I accidently click the "Empty Recycle Bin" option instead... GRRR :angry:

If there is a way, could someone please tell me how to do it and also describe how to restore it back to it's original XP state just in case things get messy :blink:

Lastly, if it can be done, why can't we ask for this option to be included in the CCleaner - Options - Advanced section as a simple checklist option that says "Disable "Empty Recycle Bin" Context Entry", and obviously when the option is unchecked the "Empty Recycle Bin" is restored to the Recycle Bin context menu ?

Thanks

Ed

@Disk4mat - Thank you ! Thank You ! Thank You ! :D Just tried it and the "undo" & they worked brilliantly !! Again, thank you for finally removing that "pain in the *ss" for me :rolleyes:

@TwistedMetal - If what your saying is that my idea for adding this option to be in CCleaner should be in "Options - Settings", then I agree. If you're saying that this option already exists in "Options - Settings", then sorry matey but I'm using v2.10.618 which I understand is to be the latest to the public, and it's not there.

Now how about the creators of CCleaner adding this simple option using Disk4mat's registry patch (with his permission of course, if it's needed) in the "Option - Settings" section, to make some of our lives a little bit easier.

Thanks a lot guys :-)

If you're saying that this option already exists in "Options - Settings", then sorry matey but I'm using v2.10.618 which I understand is to be the latest to the public, and it's not there.
Its there for me on my XP Pro SP3 system.

t1461_settings.png

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

@YoKenny - Again me old mucker, close but no banana ;) What I'd been asking was not to ADD the option to run CCleaner from the Recycle Bin Context menu, but was to REMOVE the default option ON THE Recycle Bin Context menu of EMPTY RECYCLE BIN and just leave showing RUN CCleaner in that context menu, and thanks to Disk4Mat I've now managed to achieve this:

post-10428-1219008426_thumb.jpg

@Disk4mat - Great idea about the "Replace Empty Recycle Bin with Run CCleaner" :D , but don't you think someone might just think that what is being offered is to physically change the icon of the Recycle Bin to a CCleaner version of the icon ? I know what you mean, but some new users might get a bit confused... How about using what I originally said & remix it a bit (and I'm not trying to be bigheaded in anyway here...) of "Disable "Empty Recycle Bin" from Recycle Bin context menu" as that way it's really clear what the option is, and it also gives the user the option to have both showing in case their worried something might go wrong by just having the "Run CCleaner" option ? Here's a quick pic I knocked up to show what I mean:

post-10428-1219009792_thumb.jpg

Whaddya think ? :blink:

post-10428-1219008426_thumb.jpg

post-10428-1219009792_thumb.jpg