Newest CCleaner and Registry problems

Guest pitrpaulus

Guest pitrpaulus

Good Day, Using the newest CCleaner gave me problems when i do the Registry Cleaning.

After a scan of the Registry Integrity i ONLY see some " Type Library "-items found, and when i delete those items the computer will freeze after a reboot. Only a few programs load after the restart; also the Windows Sidebar will not start. Then the computer freezes totally, nothing works only the on/off button.

In a former versions of CCleaner i never had any problem.

Hope somebody can help. Greetings, pitrpaulus.

Guest pitrpaulus
Did you have a backup of those removed Typelib entries? Do you have SP3?

Good Day; Sorry, i use Windows Vista SP1; after the start-up-problems i dit a Windows-system restore (because nothing works anymore) so when i do that Registry scan now, i can see again those files (but don't clean up that registry anymore! i shall make a screenshot so that i can show them to you. Will do that later today because i'm at work today. Thanks in advance. pitrpaulus.

Guest pitrpaulus
Since the 'Type Libraries' are giving you issues the best thing you can do is untick/disable the cleaning of them, then CCleaner will no longer remove them.

Allright, Andavari. One question about that: what impact does it make if i delete the ''Type Libraries'?

Where are those 'Type Libraries' for? Is it normally ok to remove those items? i never heard anything about these things. Thx. pitrpaulus.

• Moderators

Since it's a brand new feature without any explanations I'm not exactly sure what the impact would be, however it's obviously caused you some issues, and has a few of us scratching our heads. I've let it remove registry issues on my system without any evident ill effects so far.

There's a rather lengthy discussion about it located at:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=16951

Guest pitrpaulus

QUOTE (CeeCee @ Aug 2 2008, 11:49 AM) *

Did you have a backup of those removed Typelib entries?

Answer: In the attachment you can see the Typelib entries.