Registry Integrity

EricG

Hi

I have a recurring entry when I use the Registry Integrity section of CCleaner. Checking this to fix the entry seems to work but when run again it reappears. The entry is:-

Problem Missing TypeLib Reference

Data IOutlookPlug - {4A3451BE-99E0-476C-AE7F-C2A5671AC22E}

Registry Key HKCR\Interface\{A9CC9305-0A30-4015-92A0-0711EE24E720}

Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

EricG

• Moderators

Do you use Outlook?

If so are you using any Add-Ons?

Do you Use Norton/Symantec Products?

I ask this because only a few results came from Google, one was your post here, and the others were Mcafee site advisor pages exploring Symantec/Norton Products.

The following modifications to the system registry were detected:

. . .

ADD [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{A9CC9305-0A30-4015-92A0-0711EE24E720}]

ADD @="IOutlookPlug"

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Do you use Outlook?

I ask this because only a few results came from Google, one was your post here, and the others were Mcafee site advisor pages exploring Symantec/Norton Products.

I use Outlook Express (not Outlook) and yes, I have Norton Internet Security 2008. OE has the Norton anti- spam add-on activated (not sure if this is classed as a plug-in.

EricG

Hi

I solved the problem by zapping it in Safe Mode. Keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't cause a problem with some application or other! :rolleyes:

EricG

• Moderators

Ummmm why'd you zap it??? :huh: it is the spamblock and/or the email virus check. that's why I asked. I hope you backed it up or your going to have to reinstall your norton. :blink:

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

Because it was presumably telling me that the registry entry was invalid (Problem - Missing TypeLib Reference) so why keep it?

I haven't found any problem with my NIS 2008 since I deleted it. Perhaps it was something to do with my installation of Mozilla Firefox 3.0.1 and subsequent uninstall after a quick trial.

Still, it is done now so I shall no doubt find out one way or the other in due course.

EricG

• Moderators

I RECIEVED A PM about this (Instead of a Forum Post ???? Here is the recreation of the question and my answer

I have same problem

Iwinpwdsvc-{BD726167-A7B6-48d7-165855EDF956}Registry/HKCR\interface\{CO282E26-E060-44c9-B0FF-1AC71180D653}

you asked him

did he use Outlook?

YOU ask this because only a few results came from Google, one was your post here, and the others were Mcafee site advisor pages exploring Symantec/Norton Products.

I use norton protection provided by bt

you then said

it is the spamblock and/or the email virus check. but he had zapped it???

what should he have done???????

My advice was to either not zap it or be sure to make a backup of the reg file previous to zapping it (Actually that's always my advice for any time u use CCleaner to ZAP reg files) but I'm 99% sure that that reg is for the Norton or Symantec Prods interface with the Outlook and Outlook Express Products. The Reason CCleaner is unable to identify it is Symantec tends to not tie their regentries and files is to make it harder for Malware to mess with the Symantec/Norton programs.

Of course maybe I'm wrong. . .

Let's see how the (Moderators) react. . . Come on (Moderators) React

Paraphrase from Perfect Hair Forever

Hi

I don't think it is anything to do with Outlook Express/Norton because this particular CCleaner entry only started appearing after I installed Mozilla Firefox and I have made no changes to my NIS2008 since I installed it some months ago.

I have also seen no affects on my Norton software since I zapped it and I don't now have the Registry Backup as it is pointless reinstating these backups after subsequent changes to the Registry have occurred. In any case, if it does affect my Norton programmes I can always reinstall those after a clean uninstall.

Thanks for your input.

EricG