Windows Vista is great

YoKenny

After two years in embarrassed silence, people have come out pumped up

and taking no prisoners.

The message has come from the top and is beginning to percolate.

"Windows Vista is great, just misunderstood," Redmond says. "Apple has

twisted the facts and mislead gullible users, and analysts that

criticize Windows Vista are either crazy or unreliable. Who can you

trust? Microsoft."

The latest manifestation in this unfolding campaign is the Mojave

Experiment, where Microsoft tricked ordinary people into liking Windows

Vista, caught their reactions on "secret" camera and then posted them

online. This follows the hardballing of analysts it disagrees with.

We've been promised there's more to come. Can't wait.

http://www.mojaveexperiment.com

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/29/vi..._test_challenge

I guess I'll have to start saving my nickels and dimes in the pink piggy bank to buy a system with Vista because I don't have enough money right now.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

You don't just buy Vista. You buy a whole new PC and every peripheral you plan to use with it. Otherwise you're screwed. If you can buy all that, good for you. You'll have minimal problems. If you mix and match, you be da fool.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/29/vi..._test_challenge

I guess I'll have to start saving my nickels and dimes in the pink piggy bank to buy a system with Vista because I don't have enough money right now.

I will be buying a Mac before I buy another Windows OS. Once I do I am pretty sure I will be switching permanently and give Windows the boot for good. I will keep my XP machines as long as possible but I don't see myself getting another Windows OS again. I don't use anything Microsoft except the OS. I have replaced all the MS apps with something else. IE7 with FF and Opera, Out Look Express with Thunderbird/Gmail, Explorer with Exlorer2, Notepad with Notepad++, I could go on and on but I have literally dumped everything MS except the base OS. That will be dumped next.

Microsoft is going the way of GM and Ford. Down the toilet were it belongs.

Vista isn't worth the trouble,your can run XP on an old machine or a new one and everything work with it. Allot of people that I know that run Vista hate it can't half use it and can't find a thing on it,plus it a RESOURCE HOG to boot. You couldn't give it to me to run on my PC's

Vista isn't worth the trouble,your can run XP on an old machine or a new one and everything work with it. Allot of people that I know that run Vista hate it can't half use it and can't find a thing on it,plus it a RESOURCE HOG to boot. You couldn't give it to me to run on my PC's

Yeah and this is what Microcrap came up with after 5 years? There is a reason why Vista took so long and then when it finally came out it is crap. Microsoft peaked with XP. It's down hill from here. I would like to see them on the scrap heap with some of the other arrogant companies that are there now like the previously mentioned Ford and GM. Microsoft will take a while to decline to that point but it will happen. Took several decades of stupidity from Ford and GM but look where they are now. It's not if but when they file for bankruptcy. They are done and they deserve every bit of it. I compare them to MS because of the dominant postilions they once held in their industry and how far they fell. I see this for Microsoft.

Make sure you save up enough for the UPGRADE to Windows XP! :P
I just upgraded my old 500MHZ 512MB RAM PIII system to XP Pro from WinME so that I can use it as a demo system for teaching the seniors here in my apartment.

Its not fast but it is adequate.

It has a built in SCSI adapter but I could not get it to work with XP even with drivers I found on the Internet and it worked extremely well under WinME.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

That Mojave Experiment was stupid. Sure Windows Vista looked nice when I first loaded it up. But as soon as I started using it like a real computer it was all downhill from there. I went back to XP. Recently I pulled the hard drive with Vista on it out of my closet and booted it up to see if maybe I'd like it after the latest service pack and updates.

Nope. I still hate it.

• 3 weeks later...

When I was in Jr. High School, all of us in computer class learned how to use computers on the Macintosh Classic.

• 8 MHz Processor
  • 1MB RAM
  • 40MB HDD

I swore back then that everyone in my generation would buy an Apple. I couldn?t have been more wrong. Dare I say...? We have evolved into a Windows world, and you really have to consider that there are all types of people from all walks of life that use computers. For example:

• IT supporting thousands of domain users concerned about information security (BitLocker Drive Encryption, Hundreds of new Local Secuirty Policy and Group Secuirty Policy objects in Vista)
  • Little Johnny and Billy having a great time clicking on any hyperlink they see and infesting the system with key loggers and viruses (Windows Defender, User Account Control)
  • The busy mom who can't remember where on her computer she saved that casserole recipe for tonight's social (Windows Search)
  • The small business ?resident genius? who thinks he understands REGEDIT (Backup and Restore)

People are asking their computers to do even more, and Vista is simply Microsoft's response. I guess you could say that we?re getting what we asked for? sorta.

There is a group out there that truly feels ignored, and they are the loudest opponents to Vista. All that they want is a lean operating system that is easy on system resources and isn?t bloated so they can load whatever applications that they want to. Trust me when I say, ?I get it!?

Consider this: When was the last time you car shopped and noticed that most of the choices on the lot were equipped with GPS navigation, satellite radio, MP3 and DVD playback, heated seats, cooled seats (and the list goes on)? Well, cars are becoming pretty ?bloated? if you ask me, and all that extra ?crap? is there because, well? people are asking for it!

HA!

"Seinfeld to sing the praises of Windows Vista"

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080...dows-vista.html

"...Microsoft hopes that a new $300 million ad campaign about the flailing Windows Vista will somehow turn it into a success..."

"Vista's reputation has certainly taken a beating since its launch, and Microsoft said last month that it was finally going to do something about it."

HA!

"Seinfeld to sing the praises of Windows Vista"

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080...dows-vista.html

"...Microsoft hopes that a new $300 million ad campaign about the flailing Windows Vista will somehow turn it into a success..."

"Vista's reputation has certainly taken a beating since its launch, and Microsoft said last month that it was finally going to do something about it."

Wasn't the Seinfeld show really known as "All about nothing"?

Where are the stars of that show now?

I guess Jerry was looking for a sequel opportunity?

IE7Pro user

Hi guys,

awhile back i complained about Windows Vista. about how Microsoft changed everything around and making it worse. today, i currently have Windows Vista Ultimate installed with the following specs.

ASUS A8V-XE Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Socket 939 Processor

EVGA Geforce 8600 256MB 675/2024MHZ PCI-E

Corsair 3GB DDR400

Western Digital IDE 80GB HDD 26.9GB left of free space

and i have to say Vista runs awesome on my computer. yeah, my Motherboard isn't made for it or designed for it but hey... the only thing i needed was Sound and i found that at Alphadownloads.com

i thought about what i was going to do before i installed Vista. i thought my gaming was going to get worse cause i've watched videos on Youtube saying some BS! here and there but you know... it's not bad. pretty much the same with Xp and maybe... just maybe a slight Frame rate drop. other then all this i can say Microsoft has done well at least for me and some other users who use Vista.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators
awhile back i complained about Windows Vista. about how Microsoft changed everything around and making it worse. today, i currently have Windows Vista Ultimate installed with the following specs.

Any OS that needs explicit permission just to run the built-in defrag program is on the verge of annoying in my book, one would think they'd know about reading their own signatures in files and have a database to know it's safe.

I had my dealings with Vista not to long ago, and I surely want absolutely nothing else to do with it ever again.

Andavari, i know... it annoys me too but it's not all that of a bother to me. their is a way of disabling that but i think (i may be wrong) requires some Registry editing. also, one thing does annoy me is in My Documents they have change some stuff around and getting to it is confusing. also, everything seems to be held in the Control Panel which is stressful. like... just to view the Network Adapter Details "IP and all" you have to either right-click the Icon in task bar and go to Network sharing options or go to Start/Control/Network and Internet options. all this clicking isn't necessary. Xp is by far way easier to get around and doing stuff. Vista for me is fine so far. i really have no issues then just those complaints above.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators
everything seems to be held in the Control Panel which is stressful. like.

I'd look around for one of those tweaks that lets you put a Control Panel shortcut on the desktop, or wherever you wish. I don't know if it's possible in Vista, but with previous versions of Windows it was.

Edit: Maybe TweakNow WinSecret Pro (freeware) can do it, of course I don't know off hand if it actually can.

lol, yeah something like that. at first i didn't know where everything is and still right now i tend to forget where places are. eh... Microsoft get yourself together please!

I'd look around for one of those tweaks that lets you put a Control Panel shortcut on the desktop, or wherever you wish. I don't know if it's possible in Vista, but with previous versions of Windows it was.

Edit: Maybe TweakNow WinSecret Pro (freeware) can do it, of course I don't know off hand if it actually can.

you can simply do that by Right-Clicking Desktop and selecting Personalization then Change desktop icons.

• 4 weeks later...
Wasn't the Seinfeld show really known as "All about nothing"?

Where are the stars of that show now?

I guess Jerry was looking for a sequel opportunity?

Look what I just found

Microsoft announcement tomorrow: No more Seinfeld ads!

http://valleywag.com:80/5051455/microsoft-...celled-tomorrow

IE7Pro user

• 3 weeks later...

What MS should have really done was to skip the cosmetic changes and add greater value to XP by incorporating advanced scheduled tasks systems, and a few good points vista has without covering it up in layers of make-up.......... sure will go crusty and won't look too appealing sooon.......... they forgot they were developing an OS for a PC and got carried away creating one for some sort of a Media Player Machine :(

PS: has anyone purchased a new PC with Vista on it and tried uninstalling Vista to install XP?? :lol:

Its a pain having to be forced to purchase a new PC with Vista on it and greater pain to install XP (uninstall vista )

PS: has anyone purchased a new PC with Vista on it and tried uninstalling Vista to install XP?? :lol:

Its a pain having to be forced to purchase a new PC with Vista on it and greater pain to install XP (uninstall vista )

Nooooo.....

Why would anyone buy a new pooter w/Vista (they don't give you Vista for free, it's embedded in the price) and then uninstall Vista and put in XP? Wouldn't it be better to keep the old pooter that has XP and if you want, buy a newer pooter with Vista? You can put them side by side. Race them. Hold beauty contests. Vista has that all powerful "Kung Fu grip"! Collect em all! Be the first kid on your block!

Imo, Vista is decent. When it first came out, it was crap. Same as Windows XP when it came out, if you remember.

But after lot's of updates it's o.k. now, but still not perfect.

I've had Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, & now Vista.

But one bad thing about Vista, is that if you want it to run good, you have to tweak it... a lot. Especially if you want to play decent games, which I do a lot on my computer. And a lot of people aren't happy with that or do not know how to tweak it, so they just go ahead and stamp the "Reject" stamp on Vista. Which is what people did to XP years ago, haha. Ironic much?

In time, I think Vista can be improved, but you need a decent computer at the same time to be able to run Vista efficiently. It takes 1 GB just to run the program decently.

Hello Celestral and welcome to the forum :)

Makes a change to have someone posting about vista not being all bad.

Haha, thanks. I finally decided to make a forum account after using CCleaner for a long time.