free trial question

Newhotness

hi all,

my question is regarding trial programs, for instance when you download a program and they give you 15 days to try it for free. how do these trials work, do they install something on your computer that tells the software how long to allow it. if so, is there anyway to reset this counter. my friends computer had alot of previous users and it appears some of these trials in the past. he went to try a program out and it said he already used up his 15 days.

thankx for any advice regarding this

Yes, something is placed on your computer that acts as a counter.

From my experience the only way to use a trial program again, is to reinstall windows.

If it was easier than this everybody would find out how, and spend there lives using trial programs, and resetting it each time.

I will probably get proved wrong now though.

• Moderators

Scrubbing the registry won't work if you don't know where it stored the trial over entry, neither will any registry cleaner. There's usually always a free, or open source alternative that works on par or better than a trial/commercial version.

Scrubbing the registry won't work if you don't know where it stored the trial over entry, neither will any registry cleaner. There's usually always a free, or open source alternative that works on par or better than a trial/commercial version.

Use Google to find it's locations.

CCleaner fan since 2005

picshack.co.uk - free image hosting