Windows Defender

ing

Before I use CCleaner when I shut down at night, I check the status of Windows Defender and it says "Your computer is running normally". When I check the status after using CCleaner, it says "Scan not available".

I previously contacted Microsoft on two occasions regarding this and after troubleshooting with remote assistance, everything is fine with Windows Defender.

There appears to be some interference of Windows Defender from CCleaner. This has been happening with the latest version or so (presently V2.09.600) as it did not happen before.

How can this be resolved?

Thank you

Before I use CCleaner when I shut down at night, I check the status of Windows Defender and it says "Your computer is running normally". When I check the status after using CCleaner, it says "Scan not available".

I previously contacted Microsoft on two occasions regarding this and after troubleshooting with remote assistance, everything is fine with Windows Defender.

There appears to be some interference of Windows Defender from CCleaner. This has been happening with the latest version or so (presently V2.09.600) as it did not happen before.

How can this be resolved?

Thank you

Hello ing,

Welcome to the forum :D

What it is is a "timing" thing. At least you take the time to read the log before CCleaner cleans it.

It is possible to physically change an .ini file but I advise most Windows Defender users to just turn off the option in Applications tab as regards Windows Defender. It doesn't accumulate large files anyway. Every now and then you can turn it on and clean it out.

Best Wishes,

:) davey

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/

CCleaner Beginner's Guide.com Bookmark and save to Favorites

Go to the Applications tab then un-check the Windows Defender check box to not have its log files cleaned.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Go to the Applications tab then un-check the Windows Defender check box to not have its log files cleaned.

Davey and YoKenny

Thanks for the welcome and the link to the Beginners' Guide.

I did your suggestion before in unchecking the box in Applications tab but thought I shoud ask in case there was another solution.