CCleaner removes my cookies

Hello people !

First, I wish to thank you a lot for that nice program I use since several months !

I don't know if I have no luck, but since the latest 3 versions, the cleaning removes lots of cookies (I need them because I use the auto-logon on some trusted site - like online shop...)

"Delete cookies ON" => CC delete ALL

"Delete cookies OFF" => CC delete SOME.

Since now, this had always worked nice, so does someone can help please ?

Using XP Pro SP2.

Hello people !

First, I wish to thank you a lot for that nice program I use since several months !

I don't know if I have no luck, but since the latest 3 versions, the cleaning removes lots of cookies (I need them because I use the auto-logon on some trusted site - like online shop...)

"Delete cookies ON" => CC delete ALL

"Delete cookies OFF" => CC delete SOME.

Since now, this had always worked nice, so does someone can help please ?

Using XP Pro SP2.

Hello HarFanG,

Welcome to the forum :D

I don't know how I missed your post .

Anyhow, I think what may have happened is that your "cookies to keep" items have been lost.

There are many ways that this can happen. The most common way this happens is somehow the (cc)leaner.ini file gets deleted from the CCleaner folder (certain OS users) or the Registry gets reset by uninstalling CCleaner.

Since you are using WinXp you can have the INI file created as an option by ticking the option at Options > Advanced > Save all settings to INI file. By doing this all your current information will be saved to a (cc)leaner.ini file when you close CCleaner.

Once you have everything set the way you want it then close CCleaner. Copy the (cc)leaner.ini file from the CCleaner folder to a safe place as a back-up.

If the .ini files gets "lost" or corrupted you can create a new one from your back-up.

This file can contain all the settings,cookies to keep and Include/Exclude entries.

Also do what Jamin4u suggests about Adobe Flash Player flash cookies.

If this is not what is happening in you case then let us know.

Always let us know the results either good or bad. It is only fair to us helpers and the other members.

Best Wishes,

:) davey I use WinXP Pro SP3 . I can always copy my backup .ini file and get all my CCleaner information back. I needed it and it always works.

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/

CCleaner Beginner's Guide.com Bookmark and save to Favorites

Hey guys ;)

Thanks for answering :)

First thing to tell : I'd tried to use "exclude" option for my precious cookies, but after 5 minutes checking, I gave up => I have tons of cookies lol

Second, Jamin4u advice doesn't do the job....but (hahaha I'm so dumb sometimes) I noticed there is (where he told to have a look for flash) a Firefox cookies option too :D

Erf...my mistake....so I unchecked it and now CC doesn't try to delete my cookies :)

Earlier, as I said in my 1st post, I didn't have Firefox installed yet hehe ^^

I must apologize, because I would have to check everywhere in CC options.

Well, now all is running like a charm, so THANK YOU for your good advices, guys !

EDIT : oops, this was not a bug, excuse me. Feel free to move or delete my thread :)

Hey Jamin :)

Not easy to translate my thought in english, but : I have tons of cookies in my cookies folder and it will take me hours if I want to sort them :(

So, the best way I found was to keep them all.

Yeah, time to time, I go to this folder and I manually remove a few of them (lol I'm not in a hurry)

Again, thanks for your good advices :)

If I had tons of cookies that would take hours to go through, I would just delete them all.

Then start over by logging in and customizing my favorite sites.

Open CCleaner to Options>Cookies>moving cookies to the right "Cookies to Keep".

Check the boxes to clean those cookies.

Just a thought, as I don't know how many favorite sites you have in your cookie jar.

Take care,

Jamin4u

Hey Jamin :)

Not easy to translate my thought in english, but : I have tons of cookies in my cookies folder and it will take me hours if I want to sort them :(

So, the best way I found was to keep them all.

Yeah, time to time, I go to this folder and I manually remove a few of them (lol I'm not in a hurry)

Again, thanks for your good advices :)

Thanks for your follow up.

You just follow Jamin4u advice to move any "cookies to keep" to that "cookie jar" and Save all settings to INI file then you will end up with a good (CC)leaner.ini file to save as a backup and your cookies file will always accumulate the "cookies" you want to keep and all the other junk will always be deleted. See note at bottom to eliminate junk cookies from your PC.

Of course,take your time but always have a backup of your (cc)leaner.ini file . :P

Your browsing is always faster without a bunch of junk cookies in your "cookies" file.

Good luck,

:) davey

P.S. Keep it simple !!! Install SpywareBlaster (free) http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

The most important step you can take is to secure your system. And SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program available.

Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software.

Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.

Restrict the actions of potentially unwanted sites in Internet Explorer.

Hello !

Well, doing all these things is not my cup of tea, guys lol.

In a future day (far, far....) I think that I will delete all cookies then I'll do the "keep & cclean.ini" trick.

I'll throw an eye on SpystuffBlaster soon, thanks for this link, Davey :)

Have a good sunday !