TreePad Forum?

writeaway

After I installed a couple of other programs my TreepadX Enterprise program began crashing. I don't think the problem is with Treepad but I did not get an answer from support regarding possible conflicts w/other applications and I have been looking for their forum. I know they have one because, when I was searching for a PIM, I came across it but was blocked from accessing it. Now--I can't find it anywhere. Yes, I googled. Anyone know the url?

Thanks.

After I installed a couple of other programs my TreepadX Enterprise program began crashing. I don't think the problem is with Treepad but I did not get an answer from support regarding possible conflicts w/other applications and I have been looking for their forum. I know they have one because, when I was searching for a PIM, I came across it but was blocked from accessing it. Now--I can't find it anywhere. Yes, I googled. Anyone know the url?

Thanks.

All I could come up with so far. http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/treepad/

Message History looks pretty glum. :(

Wait for Hazel to fire-up her search engines and stand back.

Good luck,

:) davey

• Moderators

I agree Davey, it looks a bit glum as regards a forum. Apparently a few years ago the founder was slightly critised for his lack of communication with users. At that time he was a one man band so to speak, how much of that has changed it's difficult to tell.

All you can do perhaps is a bit of work yourself writeaway by uninstalling and reinstalling your latest software to try and find the culprit.

I did find another 'similar' type of software with a forum

http://www.zootsoftware.com/Support/Support.htm

I didn't realise that this small but interesting little thing was also from the Treepad stable. I have used this, and I think Dennis has too.

http://www.disktective.com/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Thank You Davey and Hazelnut! Though you didn't seem to think so, you gave me some great information and led me to useful websites.

I knew that uninstalling/reinstalling the other applications would probably be necessary. It wasn't only laziness that prevented me. I am 99% sure what the problem program is but that problem is more complicated and I will post another thread regarding same.

Thanks again.

I agree Davey, it looks a bit glum as regards a forum. Apparently a few years ago the founder was slightly critised for his lack of communication with users. At that time he was a one man band so to speak, how much of that has changed it's difficult to tell.

All you can do perhaps is a bit of work yourself writeaway by uninstalling and reinstalling your latest software to try and find the culprit.

I did find another 'similar' type of software with a forum

http://www.zootsoftware.com/Support/Support.htm

I didn't realise that this small but interesting little thing was also from the Treepad stable. I have used this, and I think Dennis has too.

http://www.disktective.com/

For a "one man band" there sure is a lot of output.The guy must be an "over achiever" genius.

Never saw such long, flooded with data web pages before this!!!

I knew we were in trouble when all I could find was three references to TreePad on Wikipedia. One of those references was about the requested removal of a TreePad wiki. The guy probably had it removed himself. Nothing but "glowing" reports about TreePad all over the net.

Japan and India big time into TreePad. The guy apparently cranks it out faster than the users can absorb it all.

It's like the guy invented the whole field himself. And all the competitors have finally had time to come up with knock-offs of the original concept.

I figured Hazel might have better chances of finding something.

I was going to suggest maybe an alternative product may serve you better in the long run.

Good luck,

P.S. Hazel, :wub: you always come through with something good !!! Serendipitously, just the thing I need. Disktective downloaded and executed in about 1 minute with all the info I need !!! You can add me to that list of satisfied users. :D

Edited by davey

For a "one man band" there sure is a lot of output.The guy must be an "over achiever" genius.

Never saw such long, flooded with data web pages before this!!!

I knew we were in trouble when all I could find was three references to TreePad on Wikipedia. One of those references was about the requested removal of a TreePad wiki. The guy probably had it removed himself. Nothing but "glowing" reports about TreePad all over the net.

Japan and India big time into TreePad. The guy apparently cranks it out faster than the users can absorb it all.

It's like the guy invented the whole field himself. And all the competitors have finally had time to come up with knock-offs of the original concept.

I figured Hazel might have better chances of finding something.

I was going to suggest maybe an alternative product may serve you better in the long run.

Good luck,

P.S. Hazel, :wub: you always come through with something good !!! Serendipitously, just the thing I need. Disktective downloaded and executed in about 1 minute with all the info I need !!! You can add me to that list of satisfied users. :D

Looks like I didn't do the quote thing right. I was trying to respond only to your comment: "I was going to suggest maybe an alternative product may serve you better in the long run."

Don't misunderstand my original post. There is NOTHING wrong with the application. I'm not very computer savvy but I am an expert on PIMS. I've tried them all. I own no less than eight (I think that is about right). NOTHING beats this one. All their products are excellent and stable. Notice that I did not even complain much about not getting an answer from support and this is generally the thing that most irritates me. Don't be reluctant to use their products, they don't require support. My question to them had to do with a compatibility issue caused by another program. I am pleased to have brought the company to your attention.

How does Hazelnut find all those websites??