Irfanview

YoKenny

There were numerous changes here are only the more important things.

Version 4.20 ( - CURRENT VERSION - ) (Release date: 2008-07-16)

* Basic Unicode support added (Properties->Misc 1, thanks to Christophe Paris!)

* New zoom options; improved relative zoom (Properties->Viewing)

* Thumbnails can be sorted manually using drag/drop

* GIF animations can be played in fullscreen/slideshow mode

* New Advanced batch options: Fine rotation, Blur, Median ...

* Option to show TIF Annotations created by Kodak Imaging (Properties->Viewing)

http://www.irfanview.com

Warning: Google Desktop Search installation is checked by default so be sure to un-check it if you don't want it installed.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I much prefer Faststone Image Viewer.

Me too! I don't know why so many are so stuck on IrfanView when such a better alternative exists. I hardly ever see someone mention a favorite photo editor/organizer other than IrfanView.

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

Me too! I don't know why so many are so stuck on IrfanView when such a better alternative exists. I hardly ever see someone mention a favorite photo editor/organizer other than IrfanView.

Drugs, thats the only reason I can think off :lol:

I much prefer Faststone Image Viewer.
I forgot about it and I do like it.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Drugs, thats the only reason I can think off :lol:

Anthony ??? Another "funny" like Andavari reported not too long ago. Glad to hear you so cheerful .

You better be careful. :lol:

:) davey Another satisfied FastStone Image Viewer user.

Edited by davey

• Moderators
You get free drugs with Irfanview? Which bit do you have to fill in?

Get the plugins, I think you need poppinpills.dll, and possibly snort.8bf, they may be configurable however that may cause adverse side effects which aren't covered under the EULA. :lol:

I have downloaded Faststone, and it looks very good. However, I like the Irfanview feature that permits you to type text on top of the photo.

I looked at some old family photos recently and no one could figure out who some of the relatives in the photos were. You can avoid that by typing names and dates on top of the photos. So Irfanview is useful for that purpose. I don't believe that Faststone has that feature?

So far I have been using is Picassa2. I like the ease of basic image adjustments, sending e-mails or uploading to a web album. So it works great for me, so far.

My Question: As I am new to digital photography, I am curious as to what features Faststone has that attracts users to choose it over these other programs. As I get further into digital photography I'll probably want more features, so I would like to start off with the most useful program.

Thank you

I have downloaded Faststone, and it looks very good. However, I like the Irfanview feature that permits you to type text on top of the photo.

I looked at some old family photos recently and no one could figure out who some of the relatives in the photos were. You can avoid that by typing names and dates on top of the photos. So Irfanview is useful for that purpose. I don't believe that Faststone has that feature?

Faststone has a built in Image editor. You can crop, markup, and much more to a pic with it.