Avast question

Corona

Some of you may remember I had a problem with Avast targeting Big Fish games .exe's as malware or worms. They're false alarms. I temporarily solved my problem by reverting back to AVG8. (You know how long that would last, right?) So I re-installed Avast and put those .exe's in the 'ignore' field and so far so good.

But I noticed I don't have the spinning (or warbley) "i" next to the spinning blue A ball. I forget what that particular program within Avast was called but it's nowhere to be found within my Avast commands. Anywhere. Did they update Avast Home to not have it anymore?

And what was that all about anyway? :blink:

Some of you may remember I had a problem with Avast targeting Big Fish games .exe's as malware or worms. They're false alarms. I temporarily solved my problem by reverting back to AVG8. (You know how long that would last, right?) So I re-installed Avast and put those .exe's in the 'ignore' field and so far so good.

But I noticed I don't have the spinning (or warbley) "i" next to the spinning blue A ball. I forget what that particular program within Avast was called but it's nowhere to be found within my Avast commands. Anywhere. Did they update Avast Home to not have it anymore?

Right click the tray icon and select VRDB. A menu will show and one of the options is to split to two icons. Select this and you will have two icons in the tray.

Tell me, where would VRDB show up on this menu? About 2/3rd the way down, right? I don't have it anymore.

avast1.jpg

I'm gonna try re-downloading and re-installing.

It seems to be missing there :blink:

What is the program version? I have mine set to update automatically so I assume I have the most current version.

Right click the tray icon and select VRDB. A menu will show and one of the options is to split to two icons. Select this and you will have two icons in the tray.

hI anthony a - I read on the net Avast will be removing the Virus Recovery Database from the forthcoming Version 5. I love the program but could do without VRDB. I have turned it off but it still grabs a load of disk space before you can do that. How much disk space is it now taking on your system? Also., how did you manage to get rid of VRDB?

Thanks

SIW2[

Also., how did you manage to get rid of VRDB?

Who, me? All I did was re-install Avast 4.8 yesterday from Filehippo.

So you heard they were getting rid of VRDB? Maybe (hopefully) they got a bad feeling after hearing how so many people were dumping AVG 8 for being so "bloated".

Did you figure this out yet?

You mean the VRDB missing? I just took S1W2 at his word about version 5 dropping the VRDB function. I never re-downloaded, I still have v. 4.8 Hom. I never knew what its function was anyway.

I installed the full A Squared app earlier, and just now discovered it wasn't compatible with my old Photoshop. I just couldn't make it jibe. So I just uninstalled A Squared. Photoshop works again.

Then guess what little blue spinning ball with an "i" decided to show up on my taskbar. <_< Yep, VRDB. I don't know how or why but it's back now. And thus ends my strange saga. :huh: