CCleaner and Vista

kildare

I see Nitin wrote some weeks ago about this problem but only got a list of questions in reply from Hazelnut. I have CCleaner 2.08 installed and use it regularly and trust it implicitly. But 2.9 version is available for update installation. When I try it from the CCleaner window "check for updates" It goes through all the motions as usual and actually states version 2.9 has been completed. Openl CCleaner back up again and no it's still labelled version 2.8 or whatever. I used to have no such problems with XP but was recently changed to Vista. Need advice here folks. And maybe Nitin still needs it too.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I am using Vista and have never updated CCleaner the way you have described.

I download the installation file and install over the old version.

Heres the link I use, just pick the build you want. I personally use the slim build with no toolbar.

http://www.CCleaner.com/download/builds

I have heard of people that had two versions of CCleaner on one PC and they were using an old shortcut.

Just a thought!

Good Luck,

Jamin4u

I see Nitin wrote some weeks ago about this problem but only got a list of questions in reply from Hazelnut. I have CCleaner 2.08 installed and use it regularly and trust it implicitly. But 2.9 version is available for update installation. When I try it from the CCleaner window "check for updates" It goes through all the motions as usual and actually states version 2.9 has been completed. Openl CCleaner back up again and no it's still labelled version 2.8 or whatever. I used to have no such problems with XP but was recently changed to Vista. Need advice here folks. And maybe Nitin still needs it too.

Hi kildare,

Welcome :D

The only way to resolve some problems is through the use of a list of questions.

Many times Hazelnut's questions are also the solution to the problem but the answers are just as important to us and the "bug fixers".

I keep my CCleaner updating on the simple side to avoid such problems that are bound to occur every now and then.

I always feel uncomfortable about trying to update or delete a program that I am in the middle of using.

I guess over 4 decades of experience has made me that way.It's the old rule "if something is possible of happening then it will".

Vista is my least knowledgeable area but I love trying to figure these things out. I also try to get as much information from you as I can get. This helps me as well as the "bug fixers" who need this information to resolve the problem.

Sometimes they have an idea but not enough information to recreate the problem.

Please answer the following even though the questions may lead to a solution for you.

Other users can benefit from your experience also.We are members and users just like you. :P

The following info will help others to come up with a solution.

These answers help to evaluate the problem.Provide as much information and detail as you can.

Just fill in the answers next to or below the questions?

Did you request a new desktop icon be installed?

Did you reboot after installing CCleaner before trying to run it?

Did you do any software or hardware changes installs or uninstalls?

Are you running with Administrator privileges.

CCleaner version ? What Language did you request at install,if any?

OS,edition ,32bit or 64bit and version ?

Browsers and ver.?

Security software and ver?

Other data you think might be relevant?

What did you do and then what happened?

Best wishes,

:) davey

The CCleaner Guide is your first source of information.

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/ CCleaner Beginner's Guide.com

Bookmark & save to Favorites

Thanks for taking your time to make a report.:)