12 Most Devastating PC Viruses

Humpty

If Sandboxie was around at the time not a single one would have bothered me. ;)

1. ILOVEYOU

The ILOVEYOU worm (a.k.a. VBS/Loveletter and Love Bug worm), a computer worm written in VBScript, is considered by many as the most damaging worm ever. It started in the Philippines on May 4, 2000, and spread across the world in one day (traveling from Hong-Kong to Europe to the United States), infecting 10 percent of all computers connected to the Internet and causing about $5.5 billion in damage. Most of the "damage" was the labor of getting rid of the virus. The worm arrived in e-mail boxes with the simple subject of "ILOVEYOU" and an attachment "LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.vbs". The Pentagon, CIA, and the British Parliament had to shut down their e-mail systems to get rid of the worm, as did most large corporations.

12 Worst Viruses

The trickiest one I ever had was Windows 98, I had to keep reinstalling it every few months. :lol:

LOL :lol:

Had heaps of strife myself with Win98 but I had an ace up my sleeve then and which I still use now with XP and Vista - Ghost Images. :P

And as much as it shames me to say but I was using Nortons Internet Security at one time with Win98 and I still remember seeing the Firewall and AV icons getting a big red cross stating "hey we're not working" after getting hit with a zero day.Can't remember which virus it was though. :blink:

The old ghost images come to the rescue again on that one and it was bye bye Nortons. ;)