ACDSEE file association bug

• Moderators

It did the same to me with IrfanView not too long ago, however I don't even know how I fixed it other than being very persistent and re-registering the filetypes until CCleaner no longer detected them as invalid.

Although the files extensions have been associate with Acdsee.....CCleaner removers the association unnecessarily.....take a look at the screenshot.

Hi Sunny,

So when you "fix the issues" do some or all of the extensions get deleted or whatever.

I have 26 extentions that always report like yours but they are never touched other than deleted and put right back both by regedit.exe as used by CCleaner.

Just some related info for "bug fixer" thoughts on the subject.I know one thing and that is Windows sure comes up with some strange extensions that are "bad" and are deleted.

:) davey

It did the same to me with IrfanView not too long ago, however I don't even know how I fixed it other than being very persistent and re-registering the filetypes until CCleaner no longer detected them as invalid.
I guess I'm lucky because CCleaner has not touched my file associations for IrfanView and I have run the Registry cleaner function.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Hi Sunny,

So when you "fix the issues" do some or all of the extensions get deleted or whatever.

I have 26 extentions that always report like yours but they are never touched other than deleted and put right back both by regedit.exe as used by CCleaner.

Just some related info for "bug fixer" thoughts on the subject.I know one thing and that is Windows sure comes up with some strange extensions that are "bad" and are deleted.

Yes, every single of file association gets deleted.....and I have to re-register them again..........

I'm sure it's a bug.

Yes, every single of file association gets deleted.....and I have to re-register them again..........

I'm sure it's a bug.

Hi sunny,

If I were you I would turn that option off and only use it to check how the Re-registering method suggested by Andavari goes.

Quite a long list!!! Both our Registries may be a bit out of shape. :P No,I don't think it is a "bug" other than our Registries are little "buggy".

Good luck,

Edited by davey

• Moderators
Hi sunny,

If I were you I would turn that option off and only use it to check how the Re-registering method suggested by Andavari goes.

Quite along list!!! Both our Registries may be a bit out of shape. :P

Good luck,

I must note that I didn't have that problem until some 2.x version of CCleaner, but only after I was playing around registering stuff back and forth between IrfanView and Paint.NET. However, everytime I register some filetype in IrfanView I get a long list of invalids which sometimes mess with IrfanViews ability to open files and other times it doesn't even effect it.

A bug maybe, I don't really know.

Do the developers read the threads in this forum regularly?
I doubt the ACDSEE product developers read the CCleaner forum so you should check its forum:

http://forums.acdsystems.com

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Hi everyone,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with file extension association.

We are looking into the issue.

Thank you

Do the developers read the threads in this forum regularly?

Hi Sunny,

Well as you can see,Yes they do.I don't know about everyday.What with all they have to do but they do.

They do depend on our input and thanks for yours.

P.S. Oh my ToTo!!! Some Bug Fixers are even in Ontario,Canada. Now doesn't that make you feel better. :wub:

P.S. Oh my ToTo!!! Some Bug Fixers are even in Ontario,Canada. Now doesn't that make you feel better.
I was working in the US in Raleigh N.C. when the Toronto Blue Jays won the World Series.

It was real interesting going to the local Hooters bar to watch the game ( sometimes ;) ) but the patrons were more fun to watch as I'm glad that firearms where banned as the TV would have ended up with more holes than a block of swiss cheese.

IE7Pro user

Hi everyone,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with file extension association.

We are looking into the issue.

Thank you

Hello MrT,

I figured I would include a snapshot of my list also. I have had these since day 1 of using CCleaner 2.02 something in Nov.2007 .

Just thought it had something to do with my "bent" and "twisted" Registry but who knows it may help.

Coincidentally I had an extra one today that I told CCleaner to also delete. It was extension .tmp . Can you believe that?

It deleted and as usual the others always stay.

t1265_20080719031653.png

Regards,

:) davey That's a catchy user name you have, MrT.