TimeStamp on Registry save files - include 'seconds' please.

jcall

Please include 'seconds' in the timestamp of registry save files

eg: cc_20080702_1732.reg --> cc_20080702_173259.reg

Then, if you do more than one registry clean within a minute, it will timestamp the files correctly - no chance of

accidentally overwriting the last registry save file -and- no need to change the save filename to make it unique.

I use CCleaner many times a day on many PC's, this would a big help to me and to any tech doing the same type of work.

Thank You.

that would be cool.. I have always had to cheat that adding the next minute before it arrives... cause I have to pass it like three times each time I clean the registry... ;)

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

that would be cool.. I have always had to cheat that adding the next minute before it arrives... cause I have to pass it like three times each time I clean the registry... ;)

I usually put a "-2" or "b" appended to the filename..in which adding seconds would be a good click-saver. ;)

I did get a msg back saying they thought it was a good idea and will be passed on to the developers, so I hope this enhancement is done. Since I requested this, I have accidentally overwritten a reg save. Even though I'm very careful, this would avoid any mistakes like that.

Yes, I usually put a '-b' or '-2' (sometimes '-c' or '-d' -or- '-3' or '-4' -- if 3 or 4 revs are able to be done within a minute).

Thanks for your input and support.

Much appreciated !

• 3 weeks later...

To the Developers and Forum personnel,

I want to thank you very much for adding in the 'per second' TimeStamp on Registry save files I requested.

This is a big help to me and hopefully others as well.

Thanks again !

me too... :rolleyes:

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer