Yahoo Toolbar has got to go!

Mikey Pooh

Well its already checked during installation most people dont know about it and they get stuff with it 'it' means somethin that slows down your browser idk its just a though people wanna clean there computers not put junk on there.

There is nothing to consider really as it is the user (you) who gets the choice when installing CCleaner if you want the yahoo toolbar installed or not.

True, but the toolbar option is checked by default, and it is also true that a lot of crapware comes bundled with toolbars as well. I think it was a bad choice in poor taste to include the Yahoo toolbar option. We all know CCleaner is great, free software, but it makes it appear to be in the same category as the numerous crapware on the net.

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

Well its already checked during installation most people dont know about it and they get stuff with it 'it' means somethin that slows down your browser idk its just a though people wanna clean there computers not put junk on there.

If you don't want the toolbar then don't choose to install it. Hazel has already pointed this out to you. When installing you can choose "other builds" From there, if you wish, you can choose "Slim" ie: English only, No toolbar.

Please don't blame CCleaner for your own stupidity.

Woody,

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Please don't blame CCleaner for your own stupidity.

Woody

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it think!

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Ok woody theres no reason to call be stupid or maybe ur just trying to build up your numbers of post idk dude i dont think your cool but like i was sayin most people that are not good with compters and are looking for a cleaning program they dont want toolbars! and its checked my default it should not be checked is what im sayin! but u guys think im stupid then whatever im just sayin! SORRY!

PS: Can someone please tell me why its even on there. google toolbar is better atleast!

I am with you on this, sort of. I think it's a good idea to be promoted by a well-known company. Personally I would rather see Google added, not Yahoo (I personally believe Yahoo is inferior to Google in every way, shape, and form, IMHO.)

If you are honestly worried about it, I recommend you select "Other Builds" and from there, use the "Slim" package, which does NOT come bundled with the tool bar. It's also a smaller download, FWIW. I use the slim build, as well as the portable (for use on a USB thumb drive), again my own preference.)

This program is great, and by far it is not comparable to any other spyware/malware/crapware/bsware you can find elsewhere on the net.

Simply read your options before you choose what you plan to install! Piriform supplies you with as many options as anybody would ever need!

Ok woody theres no reason to call be stupid or maybe ur just trying to build up your numbers of post idk dude i dont think your cool but like i was sayin most people that are not good with compters and are looking for a cleaning program they dont want toolbars! and its checked my default it should not be checked is what im sayin! but u guys think im stupid then whatever im just sayin! SORRY!

PS: Can someone please tell me why its even on there. google toolbar is better atleast!

I'm with you, Mikey Pooh! It should NOT be checked by default. Those who want it installed should have to go to the trouble of ticking it. CCleaner has long enjoyed a good reputation. Praises for it can be found all over the internet. TRUSTING, not "stupid" people might not be looking for anything less than sterling behavior from a download of the program. INEXPERIENCED folks often just agree to anything that appears. Being called stupid on a forum is inexcusable. What can we expect next? A pop-up whenever someone accidentally installs the toolbar saying "Gotcha! Stupid!"?

Have a good day, all.