Auto-Update

Svish

CCleaner (and possibly Recuva and Defraggler?) is updated, A LOT, it seems. Which of course is great!! But, it would be even greater if CCleaner could update itself. Especially since it happens so often. Now I always have to go to the CCleaner site, Download, FileHippo, find right link, save, install, etc.

Any chance of this getting implemented some time in the future? Would make CCleaner a lot more easy and faster to use in my opinion :)

• 2 weeks later...

I will second that to high noon. :)

I've made tons of programs with auto-update features. It's quite easy.

Things to note: hash checking on downloaded, compressed archive.

Auto-auto-update, not semi-auto-update? E.g. it won't ask if it should update itself, it will handle everything automatically.

'Tis be neat.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, CCleaner is a very good program. I suggest it to many friends.

However, I agree that "auto-updates" would be good addition because it seems like there are new updates every 2 or 3 weeks, and I see few improvements after each update. Maybe hold updates to quarterly?

Walt

I may be one of the few that likes to manually update program versions.

This way I can read what the updates are, and decide if I want the update.

I have skipped updates because they really didn't pertain to me.

It can also be annoying if you need to restart your computer in the middle of something.

I must agree that this would be helpful for those of you that like auto updating.

If added I would like to see a check box to disable auto updates.

Jamin4u

I may be one of the few that likes to manually update program versions.

This way I can read what the updates are, and decide if I want the update.

I have skipped updates because they really didn't pertain to me.

It can also be annoying if you need to restart your computer in the middle of something.

I must agree that this would be helpful for those of you that like auto updating.

If added I would like to see a check box to disable auto updates.

Jamin4u

I agree with Jamin4u that not all of us like to have auto update. Me for example I like to know what I am updating so in case something goes wrong I know the reason and I than can restore to an earlier point when things were stable. So like Jamin4u says if you are going to add an update at least make it an optional choice that we can decide for ourselves whether to check or uncheck to option for auto updates.

I agree with Jamin4u that not all of us like to have auto update. Me for example I like to know what I am updating so in case something goes wrong I know the reason and I than can restore to an earlier point when things were stable. So like Jamin4u says if you are going to add an update at least make it an optional choice that we can decide for ourselves whether to check or uncheck to option for auto updates.

Auto-updates sssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppppprrrr

rrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeee

Error downloading . Would you like torestarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttttewrhgvatai[098b8v3w5 ..........................................zzzztt :( ....... Who is going to pay for all these millions of updates ?

:) davey