I really need some help!

Icedrake

I keep getting this error at random times, most of the time when I run Winamp. I've already tried changing drive letters but it hasn't worked. Here's the error:

Windows - No Disk

Exception Processing Message c0000013Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c

Any options are: Cancel, Try Again, and Continue.

Please help this is really annoying!

And I haven't gotten a virus infection because I reinstalled my PC.

I really need help with this! :(

• Moderators

Try having a look here:

Link:

Hope yours is as easy to fix.

Just out of interest Ice, I dunno what version of Winamp you have, but I went back to Version 5.35, because the version that followed caused a lot of problems on my PC.

Oops, I acidentally posted the same topic two times! I just tried clearing recent documents, I don't know if it's worked yet. Actually, the only times I've gotten the error since reinstalling the computer is from WinAmp. I also have version 5.531 (x86)

• Moderators

No worries, maybe a kindly mod can combine the two threads.

Winamp 5.53 was the version that didn't sit comfortably on my PC. I hadn't used Winamp in some time, so missed a couple of versions, and updated to 5.53.

Of course that was my pc, and it may not be the problem on yours, but if you can't fix the problem, trying a previous version may be worth a try. As mentioned above, I'm sticking with Version 5.35.

Winamp All Versions: (File Hippo)

• 2 weeks later...

At first your fix worked Dennis. But now it's back again. And it only happens in Winamp when my PC makes these sounds. The first is like Tee-Dum and then it does Ta-De. It's so annoying. Please help! :(

P.S. There is also a new Winamp out. Winamp 5.4 or something. Should I get that?

• Moderators

Hi Ice, sorry to hear the bad news. Have a look at this link about something in your startup possibly causing the problem.

http://forums.computeractive.co.uk/thread....threadID=107976

Have a look at what's in your startup. For example Quicktime. You could post a screenshot from CCleaner tools/startup, there may a few things you don't need.

Tee-Dum and then it does Ta-De.

It does sound like the computer is loosing then re-recognizing a usb device...

Tee-Dum = device unpluged/lost

Ta-De = device found

Do you have a usb hard drive / flash stick with your music on it?

If you can check in 'my computer' when you here a Tee-Dum and make sure all your drives are still there.

I heared these sound a lot with faulty usb mice or other usb devices.

fireryone

This is unrelated but I've "found" supposed non-existing CD drives just by looking for them in Device Manager. I'd only 'look' at them, their driver, etc. And then in a few hours the PC would recognize the drive, by itself, with no tinkering on my part. This has happened to me twice on 2 separate PCs.

• Moderators
It does sound like the computer is loosing then re-recognizing a usb device...

Tee-Dum = device unpluged/lost

Ta-De = device found

Firery, that was a real good spot. The Tee-Dum etc didn't click with me at all, but as soon as I read your post, I recognized the sound.

Nice one.

When the only USB type things connected to my PC is my Wireless Linksys internet USB. By the way, the sounds disappeared suddenly, and I don't know what happened. I think they'll come back soon though. I also have all these Removable Drives in My Computer, but when I double click on them it says Please insert a Drive into Drive W etc.

It also might be a printer connection type problem. Sometimes my Lexmark Imaging Studio icon at the corner of my screen (near the clock) gets a teeny little red X on it. I'm not sure if the sounds come only if the red x comes up at the corner of the Lexmark icon, because I didn't think of them that much.

Thanks for all your help so far guys!

I also have a USB mouse, but I don't think this is the problem.

I like USBDeview

Description

USBDeview is a small utility that lists all USB devices that currently connected to your computer, as well as all USB devices that you previously used.

For each USB device, exteneded information is displayed: Device name/description, device type, serial number (for mass storage devices), the date/time that device was added, VendorID, ProductID, and more...

USBDeview also allows you to uninstall USB devices that you previously used, and disconnect USB devices that are currently connected to your computer.

You can also use USBDeview on a remote computer, as long as you login to that computer with admin user.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Be careful not to un-install your USB mouse as its a real pain to reboot without it. :unsure:

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

The sounds are back again. But they only happen when my Lexmark Imaging Studio icon gets a teeny red x at the corner of it. It's the connection thing from the Lexmark printer to my computer. I think that is why im getting the No Disk error. If only I knew how to fix it. :(

• Moderators

Hi Ice, does your Lexmark have a parallel port connection or USB?

If it's USB, have you actually tried just sticking it in another USB port to see if the fault carries to a different port?

If it's a parallel connection, have you tried just simply disconnecting it from both the PC and the printer and then connecting it again. Making sure you have a good solid connection. Switched off of course.

If the problem reappears in another USB port, then it's probably a problem somewhere between the printer cable and the printer, and not on the PC. If it's a parallel connection, then you'll likely only have one port and won't be able to do a change of port comparison.

You could always take your cable to some friendly PC shop and ask them if they could check it for you. For free of course. Could just be something as simple as a loose pin.

Process of elimination is all I can think of at the moment.

I'm kinda not sure if it's parallel or USB, but I'm pretty sure it's not a USB because I have this box type AC Adapter connecting from the Printer to my PC I think, and this other small USB type thing connecting from the Printer to somewhere (but the USB type thing is not rectangular like a usual USB connecting thing. Its round). Grr the sounds are back again. Ahh this is so annoying! I can't watch or listen to any live thing in Winamp without getting the error.

I hope this isn't a problem with my PC.

I'm pretty sure it's not a USB because I have this box type AC Adapter connecting from the Printer to my PC I think
That's the power supply connector.

(but the USB type thing is not rectangular like a usual USB connecting thing. Its round).
The USB cable usually is about 1/2 inch wide that plugs into the PC USB port. The round end plugs into the USB device.

Please read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

A good place to star Ice, is with everything switched off, find the cable (sounds like you have a lot) and unplug both ends. Plug the cable firmly back into the printer, and if possible plug the USB end into a different USB port, if you have one.

If that doesn't get rid of the connected/disconnected sound, then it may be a software problem.

I'm not entirely sure if a software problem can cause the PC to think the printer isn't connected, but my son tells me he had a similar problem some time ago. He kept getting a "connection" error with his printer, and the problem went away after uninstalling and then reinstalling the printer drivers.

Might have been coincidence, but unless one of the guys comes up with some other fix, then it may be worth a try. Assuming you still have the Printer software.

Ok I'll try that later, because I don't have time right now. By the way, the sounds disappeared for a while, right after I updated Winamp. I'm pretty sure they'll come back though.

Ok unplugged and replugged the printer stuff, the teeny red x seems to be appearing less, but when it does appear, i still get the error message.

I also looked for drivers for my Lexmark 4300 Series, and I found 1 in the Lexmark website and its: cjb4300EN.exe

Should I download that and install it?