question about registry cleaner

ikati

I decided to try the registry cleaner which I hadn't tried before. I wanted to see what it did, so I cleaned each section separately.. saving the registry for each cleaning.

I got done.. tried a couple of programs that I was a bit worried about.. and they worked fine.

so.. about 30 minutes later.. I run the registry cleaner again.. expecting no entries. I have not installed/uninstalled anything.. just been surfing.

and.. there was a whole new set of active x problems.

so.. what causes these problems besides installing/uninstalling?

and.. is there a limit to how many CCleaner will fix at one time? maybe I had too many, and it only fixed so many the first time?

??

here are the 2 sets of entries

registry_activexclass.txt

registry_activexclass2.txt

registry_activexclass.txt

registry_activexclass2.txt

I decided to try the registry cleaner which I hadn't tried before. I wanted to see what it did, so I cleaned each section separately.. saving the registry for each cleaning.

I got done.. tried a couple of programs that I was a bit worried about.. and they worked fine.

so.. about 30 minutes later.. I run the registry cleaner again.. expecting no entries. I have not installed/uninstalled anything.. just been surfing.

and.. there was a whole new set of active x problems.

so.. what causes these problems besides installing/uninstalling?

and.. is there a limit to how many CCleaner will fix at one time? maybe I had too many, and it only fixed so many the first time?

??

here are the 2 sets of entries

Hello ikati,

When you use the Registry "issues fixing" do you continue to Scan for Issues until no more are found for that "issue"?

I would also suggest as the last step to Scan all issues and see what that produces.

However,some software will continue to produce issues.

Also don't run CCleaner without closing all other programs.

Best wishes,

:) davey

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/

Hello ikati,

When you use the Registry "issues fixing" do you continue to Scan for Issues until no more are found for that "issue"?

I would also suggest as the last step to Scan all issues and see what that produces.

Best wishes,

What browser are you using

Davey,

Correct me if I'm wrong or misinterpretting the situatin. But if someone uses the registry cleaner the very first time (or perhaps for the first time after an extended period of not using it), doesn't it take two or three scans to do the job? Clearing out registry fragments from the first scan results in additional fragments that are picked up by the second scan. That's what I recall experiencing and reading about. Could that be going on here?

(PS - I'm using an older version of CCleaner. Haven't gotten around to upgrading yet. Perhaps newer versions correct this issue.)

Hello ikati,

Best wishes,

so.. are you saying that CCleaner does not return all the activex problems the first time?

but.. there should be no problem fixing the new issues, right? even though they are different? That's what bothered me, is that the entries were different problems.

ok.. I will run it again, and make sure everything is closed. I will let you know what happens, ok?

so.. are you saying that CCleaner does not return all the activex problems the first time?

but.. there should be no problem fixing the new issues, right? even though they are different? That's what bothered me, is that the entries were different problems.

ok.. I will run it again, and make sure everything is closed. I will let you know what happens, ok?

well, I ran it multiple times today. and it cleaned out EVERYTHING the first time (as far as the registry) - there was nothing the rest of the day.

so.. I don't know what happened yesterday.

thanks.

Davey,

Correct me if I'm wrong or misinterpretting the situatin. But if someone uses the registry cleaner the very first time (or perhaps for the first time after an extended period of not using it), doesn't it take two or three scans to do the job? Clearing out registry fragments from the first scan results in additional fragments that are picked up by the second scan. That's what I recall experiencing and reading about. Could that be going on here?

(PS - I'm using an older version of CCleaner. Haven't gotten around to upgrading yet. Perhaps newer versions correct this issue.)

Hi doodler,

Yes,that is it exactly.Newer versions are still the same and will probably stay that way.Gentle cleaning a layer at a time.

Thanks for you reply.I am sure it helped.

Edited by davey

well, I ran it multiple times today. and it cleaned out EVERYTHING the first time (as far as the registry) - there was nothing the rest of the day.

so.. I don't know what happened yesterday.

thanks.

Good for you.

Depending on what you are doing and the software involved "issues" can return.

It could have been like that for quite awhile and you never knew.That is what is nice about how non-aggressive CCleaner Registry cleaner is.Many users can go for years with "issues" that really don't affect the PC at all.

Other cleaners could say you have hundreds of things but they are misleading.