added places to be cleaned

gabtrat

Firstly, thank you for created a program that should have been included with windows to begin with!

When I do a thorough system cleaning, apart from running CCleaner there are a few other places that I must cleanup manually. For CCleaner to become a completely comprehensive cleaning program it would be nice to have the following locations included:

Roaming

"C:\Users\[user Name]\AppData\Roaming" - leftover user settings, many from programs I've uninstalled

Program Files

"C:\Program Files"- leftover files from programs I've uninstalled

Start Menu

"C:\Users\[user Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

& "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

I always clean up my startmenu folders as well and group shortcuts into better categorized folders (a habit I carried over from using Ubuntu). At times there can be dead shortcuts left in the startmenu as well.

Lastly I think custom folder locations should be able to be added. For myself, I empty my "Downloads" folder as well and I'm sure other people have folders that need to be emptied from time to time.

Thanks again for the great program.

Lastly I think custom folder locations should be able to be added. For myself, I empty my "Downloads" folder as well and I'm sure other people have folders that need to be emptied from time to time.

Thanks again for the great program.

Hi gabtrat,

Welcome to the forum. :)

Your last request can be handled by the Include/Exclude features in the Options function already in CCleaner.

Save this link.

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/ CCleaner Beginner's Guide.com

See the Options topic about custom files and folders.