Firefox 3 Final

Andavari

Not really. IE Tab disaplays the page inside FF using the IE engine. You were actually looking at the page with IE inside FF.

All in all, it works for me. I use IE7 occasionally, so why not let it run on my FF as well? It saves -me- the hassle of loading two seperate browsers -wink-

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

All in all, it works for me. I use IE7 occasionally, so why not let it run on my FF as well? It saves -me- the hassle of loading two seperate browsers -wink-

That's the whole point of that addon.

I think you probably could have got that site to work in Opera to just by changing how Opera identifies it's self.

Finally found where you can download FF3 compatible versions of Tab Mix Plus and All In One Sidebar. Not at FF add-ons site....but at C\Net. Go figure. Maybe it's the authors' way of saying screw you to the add-ons site managers. Heh.

All In One Sidebar

Tab Mix Plus

Working fine so far.

You can get those and beta versions from the developer's sites. I always look at the developer's sites first anyways.

I didn't even know they had sites. Oh well, I'm an idjut. :P

I asked you once if you were a blond female with big hooters and you denied it. You lied right :lol:

Yeah if you go the Firefox addon site and select an addon you will see links to the addons home page. These home pages are very useful. They have tutorials/help files, forums, a way to report bugs, beta or pre release versions of the addon and some other info. Almost all the addons have a home page but the amount of info on it varies from addon to addon. If you use The All In One Side Bar you can right click on an addon and there is an option to "visit home page" and it brings you there.

Look 2fe4b5bc66ff.jpg

I asked you once if you were a blond female with big hooters and you denied it. You lied right :lol:

Yeah that's so me. :lol:

I have occasionally seen links to authors' sites at the add-on pages. And sometimes when add-ons update the authors' page will load front & center when you restart FF. So I know they exist, I just never followed up on them. I just took FF's word as 'final authority', with FF2 and earlier that was pretty much the case.

I really do think, though, that the authors of TMP, AIOS, and IE Tab got fed up with the fanboy aspect the whole add-ons site has generated and promoted, and just update their work for admirers of their work.

You know what? I got these now...

AdBlock Plus (& filterset)

All In One Sidebar

Download Statusbar

IE Tab

NoScript

Tab Mix Plus

Those are the big 6 for me. Basically I got my old 2.0.0.14 back. :lol:

Toolbar Buttons (somehow?) adds functionality to a few small add-ons that still haven't made the grade. (Top Of Page, for example.) Tiny Menu still works. Yep, I got 2.0.0.14 as solid as ever in FF3. Unbelievable.

Oh, but I got a spiffy Vunderbar that does absolutely nothing for me. I knew all these "changes" were gonna be office-orientated. Blechh. Last thing on my mind.

Ff 3 working fine here! I didn't lose InFormEnter, my most useful extension. Also retained Gmail Notifier, Image Zoom and OpenBook. Lost Auto Copy and SpellBound - II, which is a big loss since I preferred editing whole paragraphs. I installed in the MS SteadyState disk protection environment first to make sure I didn't lose any Bookmarks or settings. The only issues was the Mozilla servers must still be over loaded because it just wasn't downloading so I went to MajorGeeks and it took about five seconds. See no great advantage to this but it may be rendering pages slightly faster.

Firefox 3 leads in memory usage, in test :

http://dotnetperls.com/Content/Browser-Memory.aspx

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.

@Forte :

I've had many problems with Firefox and downloading from specific sites. Check if the file downloaded is the same size as it is supposed to be. It generally happens, I find, when downloading from heavily-used networks (so many times that I've downloaded from Ubuntu servers only to get it to break at 455 MB or something similar, and force me to re-download with cross-fingers. I can't be sure what causes it, though.

I'm going to ponder awhile over any fixes one can do for it. (although, I've heard using DownThemAll and similar programs help a bit, although I've had them do this to me as well. CleanUp!'s download site generally did it, and the program is under a MB!!! It's annoying, but Firefox isn't the only one to do it. I've had it happen with Netscape, IE 6 through 7, -haven't tried 8b1 yet-, and Firefox 2. Perhaps it's browser-caused, or perhaps it's server-side rather than client.)

[edit] : added a little more information. nothing was deleted from my original post

• Moderators

I like FF3 pretty well but I have had it corrupt a few downloads. One was openoffice that I downloaded from filehippo. I downloaded it again and it worked fine. Its not a new problem though because FF2 would do this to me from time to time as well, I just use IE7 for big downloads now.

I generally try to avoid downloading at all from any sort of browser. When it's a "big" download, I find a torrent, as it's usually faster, and whatnot.

My downloads are fubar'd by firefox 2 and 3 as well. Time for a download manager.

edit: For those who lose needed addons when going to v3, Mr. Tech's Toolkit can bypass the max version on extensions so you can at least try them. If it itself is at version...

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

My downloads are fubar'd by firefox 2 and 3 as well. Time for a download manager.

Hello Talldog,

I use IE7 with IE7Pro as recommended to me by rridgely.

IE7Pro has a download manager MiniDM.

I have used it and it has never given me any problems even with BIG downloads.

:) davey

• Moderators
When you install IE7Pro, is it automatically integrated in IE7 -- or how does it work?

Yeah it just ads a little icon in the lower right. You can click that to open up the config menu.

Its my browser of choice at the moment. The new speed up thing actually works too amazingly. :D

Yeah it just ads a little icon in the lower right. You can click that to open up the config menu.

Its my browser of choice at the moment. The new speed up thing actually works too amazingly. :D

IE7 Pro sure does make a huge improvement in the usability of IE7. Those guys did a good job and they keep improving on it to.

Hello Talldog,

I use IE7 with IE7Pro as recommended to me by rridgely.

IE7Pro has a download manager MiniDM.

I have used it and it has never given me any problems even with BIG downloads.

:) davey

Maxthon 2 has a download manager/excellerator built right in and it works great.