Recommendations: Keepass - Roboform?

Caldor

Hey folks. So Im trying to decide on what sort of password management I should use. No more same passwords for 20 websites and so on. Im looking to generate high strength passwords on an individual basis that obviously would be impossible to remember.

I like keepass because its open source and free. Closed source for these security add ons to me really isnt too encouraging.

The only issue is it seems to lake the web usability features that Roboform has. I dont like how Id have to pay for Roboform and the fact its closed source.

So Im after something like keepass but that can also plugin in IE and FF for web duties.

Thanks

I prefer not to keep any financial password information stored on my PC by any other application other than the security provided by the financial organization.

I do not keep my banking information stored on my PC because I prefer to go to the bank which is a short walk for me and do my banking needs there so that I know that the transactions are between me and my bank only.

Besides walking is good exercise and I need it because I like food and if I didn't walk frequently I would end up looking like Fat Albert fairly quickly.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Roboform is groovy, IF you don't want to use it on browsers like IceWeasel, Safari (windows/mac), Kmeleon, Konqueror, Opera and ANY Linux browser! :rolleyes: There are zillions of IE-based browsers it integrates with too. One of the "few" software programs I have paid for.

Windows 7 - Office 2010 - Internet Explorer 9

All better than the versions preceding them :D

• 2 years later...

Hey folks. So Im trying to decide on what sort of password management I should use. No more same passwords for 20 websites and so on. Im looking to generate high strength passwords on an individual basis that obviously would be impossible to remember.

I like keepass because its open source and free. Closed source for these security add ons to me really isnt too encouraging.

The only issue is it seems to lake the web usability features that Roboform has. I dont like how Id have to pay for Roboform and the fact its closed source.

So Im after something like keepass but that can also plugin in IE and FF for web duties.

Thanks

hang on one sec, are 20 websites that secure??(banks,paypall etc to you) why bother?

90% of my logins are stored with s***ty passwords. How ever banks paypal are min 20 chars, any one can remember this.

no way would i ever store them

No fate but what we make

Has anyone realised yet? This thread is over 2 years old!

i never look at recent posted thread details. either way same applies but thanks for the heads up :)

No fate but what we make

The $29.95 application advertised here is something completely different than what was originally discussed in this 2-year old topic. The post is simply a form of spam. (Check with Google - identical post appears in many other forums!)

• Moderators

The post is simply a form of spam. (Check with Google - identical post appears in many other forums!)

I figured it was when I looked at another post, which was in typical spam style of writing. That member is now banned!