Formatting change

I've been using CCleaner for a few months now and I have updated to the latest version.

Ever since using it, the same problem has occured, something weird happens to my web browser pages after running the cleaner; I have to reboot to correct it. Nowadays, I run CCleaner just before shutting down for the night so it doesn't impact upon me, but I thought you might like to know.

I am enclosing two shots, before and after for your comparison and hopefully a fix to this bug (is it a Firefox thing?).post-1995-1120145099_thumb.jpgpost-1995-1120145163_thumb.jpg

post-1995-1120145099_thumb.jpg

post-1995-1120145163_thumb.jpg

Ahem... he means, run CCleaner twice after closing your browsers. If it still persists, empty your cache in Firefox by using Firefox's Tools>Options>Privacy>Cache>Clear. Then don't run CCleaner while Firefox is open anymore. (I'm too buggered to do this, so I simply told CCleaner not to clean Firefox's cache anymore :P)

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Well I suspected it was something to do with FF, however the problem was never 100% of the time even though FF preloader is in startup.

I just dumped the FF preloader, and in fairness, it hardly makes much difference in terms of loading time, probably because of the wonderful Windoze prefetch.

I can see the benefit in not clearing FF caches even though I do have a shortcut icon within the browser to do just that. Did I read that FF now has a 25% market share?

Anybody know which file in particular causes the problem?

I can't live without Firefox Preloader myself. FF takes ages to startup, even on my AMD XP 2500+ 1GB, and half a second to start once FF preloader has started up. This is because firefox.exe shares code with all subsequently created child firefoxes (check your task manager and open several instances, you'll see it only grows the original firefox.exe, and not by as much as the first firefox.exe started out). I have applied the ol' prefetch parameter and not noticed much of a difference. This is because speedily fetching firefox.exe from disk is definitely not my problem [my HDD is insanely fast], but the code that gets loaded has a definite speedbump. The rendering code is massive and takes forever to start.

%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<the_profile>.default\Cache\ is the folder that contains the files that get messed with. Firefox doesn't respond well when the cache is deleted out from under it.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

• 1 month later...
I can't live without Firefox Preloader myself.  FF takes ages to startup, even on my AMD XP 2500+ 1GB, and half a second to start once FF preloader has started up.  This is because firefox.exe shares code with all subsequently created child firefoxes (check your task manager and open several instances, you'll see it only grows the original firefox.exe, and not by as much as the first firefox.exe started out).  I have applied the ol' prefetch parameter and not noticed much of a difference.  This is because speedily fetching firefox.exe from disk is definitely not my problem [my HDD is insanely fast], but the code that gets loaded has a definite speedbump.  The rendering code is massive and takes forever to start.

%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<the_profile>.default\Cache\ is the folder that contains the files that get messed with.  Firefox doesn't respond well when the cache is deleted out from under it.

Thats interesting that it takes so long , I have an old 933 mghz machine running ME with 192 meg ram , and when I hit the Firefox button to load it up it takes less than 5 seconds and I don't have a startup icon down in the system tray either .

• Moderators

Your not going to get an answer from djlizard because he quit coming here (sadly). Anyway its a known fact that firefox is slow as hell compared to IE when it comes to start up.

Firefox does everything else better but this. I have a 2.0 ghz sempron and 512 mb ram and firefox takes a long time to load without the preloader.