Opera 9.5 RC

Corona

Well, this 9.50 version has some bugs. It's not very yet, even though they worked with it quite a while.

Not too many though. Pretty good for a first final release.

The new skin is absolutely atrocious though. When first installed in it's default set up and new skin it looks terrible. I can see that turning new users off. I don't like how they put the new tab button on the right of your tabs now like IE7. Why would they want to imitate that POS. It is easily removed which is the first thing I did.

• Moderators

I agree about the default skin Anthony, having a little problem making my choice (fresh-in blue) stick.

But it's getting there. It's certainlly quick and hardly any need for addons, they are already there.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I agree about the default skin Anthony, having a little problem making my choice (fresh-in blue) stick.

But it's getting there. It's certainlly quick and hardly any need for addons, they are already there.

I am having an issue with one of my favorite skins. It looks different on the tab bar in 9.5 final compared to 9.5 beta 2 or 9.27

Here is what it looks like in 9.5 final. The ends of the tab bar are dark colored like the default skin.

a59b313cdceb.jpg

Here it is in 9.5 beta the way I like it. It only happens on that skin though. All my others work fine.

b2a09c3b81da.jpg

Well. we certainly like things different in the way we set up our opera screens!!

c8d3113bac92.jpg

As you can see I make very good use of the Start Bar. I hide many things in there to save screen space and it's all accessible with a single click on the address bar.

7609315efd0e.jpg

I noticed you have the Find In Page bar visible. I don't because that feature is already in the search bar. Once you select Find In page from the search bar the go button acts as "find next" so I save space by using that instead.

c980caae7e92.jpg

• Moderators

I tend to like eveything to hand, no secondary clicking :)

It's great that we all do things differently, more knowledge for any user problems.! Did you have the no bookmarks icons issue after the upgrade to 9.5?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I tend to like eveything to hand, no secondary clicking :)

It's great that we all do things differently, more knowledge for any user problems.! Did you have the no bookmarks icons issue after the upgrade to 9.5?

I rarely have to click the tool bars. Opera has the best set of mouse gestures you will ever find and I can access almost everything with them. I have about 30 gestures programmed and would be lost without them. I really miss them in other browsers. They have them but not like Opera.

I did a clean in install of 9.5 final and left 9.5 beta in a separate folder. I transferred all my setting over in 2 min including the opera6 adr which is the bookmarks. No favicons were on the bookmarks just a generic icon but as you visit the pages the favicons appear next to the book marks. The only issue I am having is with the one skin on the tab bar.

This is my first post with Opera 9.5 from my old 2.4GHZ 512MB RAM XP Home system and I must say ( Ed Grimly ) I'm quite impressed by its speed.

It will take a bit of time to get used to but I have been able to import my IE Favorites and set up Mail to read my POP3 ( Main Identity ) and my NNTP ( newsgroups ) plus figured out how to get here and post stuff B)

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

This is my first post with Opera 9.5 from my old 2.4GHZ 512MB RAM XP Home system and I must say ( Ed Grimly ) I'm quite impressed by its speed.

It will take a bit of time to get used to but I have been able to import my IE Favorites and set up Mail to read my POP3 ( Main Identity ) and my NNTP ( newsgroups ) plus figured out how to get here and post stuff B)

Are you using the Opera built in e mail? That is one thing in Opera I have not used/tried. I use Thunderbird. How are you liking the e mail?

Are you using the Opera built in e mail? That is one thing in Opera I have not used/tried. I use Thunderbird. How are you liking the e mail?
I did not like Thunderbird.

The email is OK but I guess I'm an old dog that takes quite a while to learn new tricks so I'll stick with OE that I have been using for what now seems like forever.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Opera 9.5.1 beta dropped on Filehippo. Crash fixes, etc. :)

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

Opera 9.5.1 beta dropped on Filehippo. Crash fixes, etc. :)

The one negative I can say about Opera is that it seems they rushed 9.5 final out the door just to beat Fire Fox to the punch. 9.5 went from beta 2 to final without an official release of a release candidate. That is foolish and the person/s responsible should be fired and forced to work for Microsoft. Now they have to release a quick fix.

The one negative I can say about Opera is that it seems they rushed 9.5 final out the door just to beat Fire Fox to the punch. 9.5 went from beta 2 to final without an official release of a release candidate. That is foolish and the person/s responsible should be fired and forced to work for Microsoft. Now they have to release a quick fix.

I like you :P heh.

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.

Is it just me, or is Opera spitting out RC's like mad? I mean, within the course of two days, Filehippo.com has shown RC1 on the 26th and RC2 on the 28th. Was 9.5 pushed ahead too fast, and now they have to catch up on missed bugs, or am I mistaken?

[edit] : I also believe there was a beta release of 9.51 earlier last week, or around that time.

[edit] : Missed a capital. Fixed it. Nothing changed from the original post beyond that.

there's an opera 9.51 rc3 out now (10081) a few fixes in it but still more to do ........... 9.50 rushed out early to beat FF3 final -- should have waited

I'm not having too many issues with 9.50. It's running well for me. I did have an issue with Windows Media video but I fixed that with a plugin.