Help needed with Windows media player

Stroby

thought it was going to work there as I do use CCC and I did have it set to custom and also it has fixed one file format ones which are used online by WMP (sorry I couldn't find the extension) which I was just getting a black screen with the sound that one now plays correctly but for mp3s, avi & wmv (possibly more formats) i'm still missing audio

That's what a good set of headphones are for, they don't have to be uber expensive just a good set and you can play your tunes at anytime you wish without pissing off the neigbours.
I have a good set of headphones and I totally forgot about them.

I'm gona use the Senior's moment defense yer 'oner

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Thanks hazelnut I think that problem is fixed... although I think this thread slightly wondered off the point :P
I'm glad your problem is fixed.

There is no charge for the off the point discussion and it relieves the boredom and the durn aching molar pain until the drugs kick in :lol:

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Try changing 'Audio device to use' in the properties for 'speakers' in the 'devices' tab of wmp options.

Try disabling the computers audio in the 'sound, video and game controllers' section of the Device manager, reboot, re-enable it, reboot.

Try reinstalling DirectX.

Go to wmp options->plugins tab->Audio DSP, is there anything there?

Try reinstalling the audio driver.

Run-> dxdiag.exe any errors on the Sound tab? Try changing the acceleration level. Use the Test DirectSound button.

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

Try changing 'Audio device to use' in the properties for 'speakers' in the 'devices' tab of wmp options.

Try disabling the computers audio in the 'sound, video and game controllers' section of the Device manager, reboot, re-enable it, reboot.

Try reinstalling DirectX.

Go to wmp options->plugins tab->Audio DSP, is there anything there?

Try reinstalling the audio driver.

Run-> dxdiag.exe any errors on the Sound tab? Try changing the acceleration level. Use the Test DirectSound button.

Ok I did all of those things and, and, and one of them worked :D It works again and it hasn't done that in over 6 months

Thank you everyone who contributed to helping me, much appreciated :)