Ewido inquiry

Andavari

In Ewido Security Suite after the full featured 15 day demo expires what features does it disable to become a free edition?

Real time protection,auto updates,memory and archive scanning are disabled.You can still manually update and is still a very useful tool for malaware.I've used it alongside my AV and Giant antispyware for a while now.

• Moderators
Real time protection,auto updates,memory and archive scanning are disabled.You can still manually update and is still a very useful tool for malaware.I've used it alongside my AV and Giant antispyware for a while now.

I dont think your right. When the ewido trial is up real time protection is diabled but it still scans everything. I looked everywhere and didnt find anything about the scanner being downgraded after the trial was up. If I'm wrong please let me know (provide a link if possible.)

• Moderators

Well whatever it disables is alright. The weird thing is the shortcuts its installer creates show it as starting in the Windows Fonts folder, had to fix that. At least my security defenses are working as it didn't find anything.

The only thing I don't like about it is the gold/yellow icon, it's difficult to see in the systray using the XP silver theme, and forget about it being on my desktop.