safari 3.1.1 "recent searches" is not being cleaned

Well first to say thanks for providing this nice little program. So far I am quite impressed the way it works. One little thing I noticed is that with new Safari browser CCleaner doesn't clean "recent searches" list (which can be accessed by a single click - upper right corner search box icon). It does clean everything else from Safari. I checked this on 3 different PCs and the situation is the same.

It's not a big deal after all, one can just manually reset Safari but thanks for attending this.

Well first to say thanks for providing this nice little program. So far I am quite impressed the way it works. One little thing I noticed is that with new Safari browser CCleaner doesn't clean "recent searches" list (which can be accessed by a single click - upper right corner search box icon). It does clean everything else from Safari. I checked this on 3 different PCs and the situation is the same.

It's not a big deal after all, one can just manually reset Safari but thanks for attending this.

In Safari you should clean it manually by using the "clear recent searches" from the drop down menu at the search window.

Now, I hate to be one who starts a browser war discussion but in this case it's merited. PLEASE don't use Safari as it is even less safe than IE, and that's saying something. If it's just about the looks, go find an add-on theme for firefox to make it look like Safari, I'm sure there are many good ones. While NO browser is completely safe, right now Firefox is probably about as good as it gets. Even Microsoft has pointed out the problems with Safari, that must have made 'Bill' feel pretty good to get to point out someone else's browser problems. Anyway here are some links to articles about the problems with Safari.

PayPal to Safari users: 'Ditch it'

Safari 3.1.1 Still Not Safe. URL Spoofing Flaw Confirmed- Research website claims both Mac OS X and Windows users of Safari are facing a "less critical" vulnerability this time

May 31, 2008

Ah, the irony! Microsoft says Safari isn't safe on Windows

And last but not least, some info about Firefox and the page to download it.

Stay Secure on the Web

Good Luck!

Vic

VicLovan.com

http://www.viclovan.com/ccleaner2settings.htm

thanks for taking time to reply. and thanks for the links. i was aware of safari vulnerability before, but the reason for using it was speed. i did find in the meantime opera 9.5 alpha which seems even faster so i'll probably take up your advice until apple comes with something safer.