Think enterprise

Markus

Good morning!

thanks for such a great and free tool! I have used CCleaner (including the registry clean option) on about 300 pc's in the meantime without having one single error or problem afterwards! Nevertheless I humbly beg for some features (I know that asking for features on a free software as a commercial user is kind of a no-no...)

- Cleanup of user temp folders

This option should include all user profiles on the machine, not only the current user. Admin rights are of course needed then plus I think of a scheduled execution under the local system account. This would allow network wide use without knowing which accounts are present on each computer (as the manual adding of folders would require). Command line switch for it would be great.

- Scripting of the registry cleanup

I have read other posts on it, but I must agree to the argument that people who do use scripting usually know about the implications and risks. Plus - see above - my experience is so positive that would not hesitate a second to use this. The number of runs should be settable to limit the executions; mabye another switch for the path of the .reg backups.

Thanks again an best regards,

Markus

• 1 month later...
- Cleanup of user temp folders

This option should include all user profiles on the machine, not only the current user. Admin rights are of course needed then plus I think of a scheduled execution under the local system account. This would allow network wide use without knowing which accounts are present on each computer (as the manual adding of folders would require). Command line switch for it would be great.

I think this has been discussed a lot - a good solution involved adding a registry startup entry under LOCAL_MACHINE (so all users execute upon login) and saving CCleaner options to an INI file instead of the registry (so it reads the same options for every user). Haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it works well for cleaning.

- Scripting of the registry cleanup

I have read other posts on it, but I must agree to the argument that people who do use scripting usually know about the implications and risks. Plus - see above - my experience is so positive that would not hesitate a second to use this. The number of runs should be settable to limit the executions; mabye another switch for the path of the .reg backups.

I second this. I have never had an issue (that I can attribute to CCleaner registry cleaning) after using the registry cleaner. It would be *so* awesome to have a "/autocleanregistry=5 (optional =5 for number of successive runs) cmdline option, and/or "/saveregbackup=location". Automating registry cleanup would be invaluable to lots of people who otherwise would have to touch each workstation.

I wouldn't hesitate paying for these features, as I'm sure a lot of people here wouldn't. Bounty pool, anyone? :)