Items to add to 'removed'

I use Avira virus scanner. It has a temp folder it uses when extracting files to scan archives.

The directory doesn't always empty. It is: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\TEMP\ .

I use Avira virus scanner. It has a temp folder it uses when extracting files to scan archives.

The directory doesn't always empty. It is: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\TEMP\ .

You can also remove C:\Documents and Settings\Captain\Application Data\dvdcss subfolders. I found it is used by VLC Player for DVDs. A subdirectory with the name of any DVD you have ever played in VLC is there forever. They have the full titles of the DVDs.

Spybot Search & Destroy Stores the old files in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy . There are four subfolders, Backups, Excludes, Logs, and Recovery . You would need to warn users what they were getting rid of.

• 2 weeks later...

[*Avira RootKit Detection]

; aka Avira AntiRootkit Tool

LangSecRef=3024

DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Avira GmbH\Avira RootKit Detection\avirarkd.exe

Default=True

FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Avira GmbH\Avira RootKit Detection|avirarkd.log

that is in the winapp2.ini thread

if thats not what you're talking about try

[*Avira]

LangSecRef=3024

Default=True

FileKey1=%Documents and Settings%\all users\Application Data\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\TEMP|"."

I think that should clear that entire folder.

You'll need to add that to winapp2.ini

for more info on winapp2.ini see This thread

• Moderators
if thats not what you're talking about try

[*Avira]

LangSecRef=3024

Default=True

FileKey1=%Documents and Settings%\all users\Application Data\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\TEMP|"."

I think that should clear that entire folder.

You'll need to add that to winapp2.ini

for more info on winapp2.ini see This thread

You're mixing up two entirely different programs in that cleaning routine, therefore nobody should use it at all. There's already two Avira cleaners that I submitted to the winapp2.ini thread for Avira Rootkit Detection, and AntiVir Personal 8.

• 3 weeks later...
When you choose clean Hotfixers you leave all the *.cat files for the hotfixers. It seems you should remove KB******.CAT also.

I suggest extreme caution before removing a *.CAT file.

I need to remove .NET Framework, and I cannot, because Windows XP cannot find a *.CAT file in order to determine the sequence in which to remove various items.

If you are satisfied with a Hotfix and remove the capability to undo it, the corresponding *.CAT file is not needed any more for that purpose - but it may still be essential when you need to remove the whole "whatever" that was hotfixed.

Alan