Mazda RX8

Woody

Crude oil price rises more than $10 to another record

Hopes of a market turnaround are dashed amid predictions of $150-a-barrel oil. The price of gasoline reaches an all-time high in California.

By Martin Zimmerman, Elizabeth Douglass and Ronald D. White, Los Angeles Times Staff Writers

June 7, 2008

Crude oil rocketed more than $10 a barrel Friday to a record high of $138.54, snuffing out motorists' hopes that gasoline prices might ease soon.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/f...0,4540599.story

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Latest Headlines

Jun 9, 2008 5:34:00 PM MST

$1.50 gas in Montreal could signal similar prices across Canada (Mtl-Gas-Prices)

MONTREAL _ Retail gas prices flared past $1.50 per litre on Monday as motorists in parts of this city continued to feel the effects of last week?s dizzying run on oil.

Pump prices in Montreal?s west-end climbed as high as 151.9 cents a litre, more than 10 cents higher than prices over the weekend.

The average price of gas in Canada on Monday was pegged at 134.77 cents a litre by the website gasbuddy.com

CAA-Quebec said the price of gas in Montreal reflected market conditions that the rest of Canada won?t be able to avoid for much longer.

http://www.oilweek.com/news.asp?ID=16578

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

Just to let you know that here in the UK at the moment Kenny it's around ?1.15 a litre which is around 2.25 US dollars or 3 Canadian dollars a litre.

There have been a few rolling lorry protests on roads to try and draw attention to the problems it's causing everyone.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Some of us might be qualifying for bus passes in the not too distant future, although I'm not pointing any fingers. :P

I can't wait.

I qualify for a Senior's discount and usually I don't have to show proof of age as my silver hair and beard attest to my Senior years.

IE7Pro user

I'm thinking of buying one of these. My wife, as some of you may know, has been quite ill. She loves this car. It would be a great present for her after all she's been through. Does anybody out there have experience with this car or any advice. All comments welcome.

thumb_f635a70e.png

After all that has been said in this thread,Woody your wife certainly deserves the car she wants.

We have been way off topic but this is the Lounge.Please forgive our ramblings.

Best wishes,

:) davey

After all that has been said in this thread,Woody your wife certainly deserves the car she wants.

We have been way off topic but this is the Lounge.Please forgive our ramblings.

Best wishes,

:) davey

Thanks for saying that Davey, but I don't regard it as being off topic at all. The rx8 has a rotary engine. The known benefits are smoothness and power. The downside is petrol consumption which is a huge topic at the moment.

Woody

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Woody my man, life is definately too short. I am very sorry to hear about your wife, having an ill spouse cannot be easy. For either of you.

I will tell you, 4 years ago my mom was diagnosed with terminal leukemia. 3-5 years to live. My parents said "thats it, pull the plug on work", retired (they were both 55) and now live it up. They go to mexico for two months every winter, my dad bought a new harley which they go riding on, and they spend all their time together just having fun. If they spend every last dime and more enjoying their time together, i say go for it.

You never know what life will bring, money comes and goes, but time is only given once. You will only get so many years, so stretch the cheque book, and get the car, have some fun, spend it together. Dying poor, but living well is not a bad thing. :) And heck its just a car, if you dont think you can afford it later, you had some fun, you sell it off, eat the debt, move on and stay happy. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Took RX 8 out for a test drive and didn't like it!

Ordered BMW 320i M Sport Coupe instead. :rolleyes:

Woody.

I love it.

I doubt I could afford the accoutrements that would be needed to drive that car such as an Amani suit, Ray Ban sunglasses, Christian Dior Mens Dress Shirt, Gasoline ( Petrol ) insurance and a suitably clad lady to accompany me.

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
Took RX 8 out for a test drive and didn't like it!

Ordered BMW 320i M Sport Coupe instead. :rolleyes:

Woody.

Woody as you know, you don't live too faraway.

What make's you think I'm trying to get you and your other half to drive over and take me for a spin?

And I never mentioned popping up the A1 for a visit to Dennis :rolleyes:

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I love it.

I doubt I could afford the accoutrements that would be needed to drive that car such as an Amani suit, Ray Ban sunglasses, Christian Dior Mens Dress Shirt, Gasoline ( Petrol ) insurance and a suitably clad lady to accompany me.

It can do 48mpg and 145mph!

When stationary and in neutral, ie at traffic lights, the engine shuts down. touch the clutch to engage gear and it instantly restarts, thus saving petrol. Stunning technology. Our car will be in a darker grey than the one shown. Expect delivery at the end of July.

We saw it for the first time on Sat. Another look on Sun. Test drive on the Mon. Ordered on Tue. :lol:

Woody.

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

I thought you were only looking at the RX8 because the wife wanted it. Not liking it was your chance at the S2000 ;)

We test drove it and she didn't like it. :rolleyes: I've tried numerous times to persuade her about the S2000 but she's not interested. Ah well, we're both happy with this. Ours has better wheels (imho) than the one in the pic as well. And it's as cheap to run as a family hatchback. Unbelievable.

When we went to see the BMW her first words were "oh dear, it's stunning."

Woody.

Woody as you know, you don't live too faraway.

What make's you think I'm trying to get you and your other half to drive over and take me for a spin?

And I never mentioned popping up the A1 for a visit to Dennis :rolleyes:

We might just take you up on that Hazel. :D

Woody.

But not at the same time. Now that would've been nice.

:D Thanks Dennis. I just hope it'll be safe on our drive. This will be the first brand new car we've ever had.

Woody.

You'll need a new forum signature, something like "The smell of brand new car in the morning is great." :D
Its more like I love the smell of brand new car in the morning

Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?

Lance: What?

Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.

[kneels]

Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

[Kilgore unhappily walks off]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078788/quotes

I remember watching Apocalypse Now in wide screen with the latest Dolby sound system and the Whop Whop of the Huey Helicopter blades blasting my chest and being scared excrement less when the tiger jumped out from the jungle and the attack on the bridge while under the influence of a substance recommended by Timothy Leary B)

IE7Pro user

Estimated delivery is end of July or first week in Aug. Mary's birthday is Aug 2nd. Perfect. Our car is the m sport version. More sporty wheels etc.

Woody