cc removes cookies and they come right back

casey3512

Hi, When I run CCleaner, it removes lots of cookies. And I am guessing when I open ie7 that ie7 must reload them in, though I've no idea.

If I run CCleaner two times back to back, of course the 2nd time comes up clean.

So the cleaner is doing the job, but the cookies are there when i run it later.

I don't know what custom things mean. I don't think I have anything custom. But am not sure what CCleaner is referring to (herein the forums) when speaking of custom.

Does that mean like if i create a folder or such?

But my main question is how do I keep cookies gone. it's the same ones over and over and not the ones I've said keep.

Thanks for your help.

Casey

Hi, When I run CCleaner, it removes lots of cookies. And I am guessing when I open ie7 that ie7 must reload them in, though I've no idea.

If I run CCleaner two times back to back, of course the 2nd time comes up clean.

So the cleaner is doing the job, but the cookies are there when i run it later.

I don't know what custom things mean. I don't think I have anything custom. But am not sure what CCleaner is referring to (herein the forums) when speaking of custom.

Does that mean like if i create a folder or such?

But my main question is how do I keep cookies gone. it's the same ones over and over and not the ones I've said keep.

Thanks for your help.

Casey

ETA: ah, i've got ver 203.532.. just noticed is new one out..

And I am guessing when I open ie7 that ie7 must reload them in, though I've no idea.

Casey

No, IE 7 does not reload cookies that you've deleted. What is happening is that you have IE7 set to accept cookies, and when you go to various websites the sites put the cookies back on your machine. You can set IE7 not to accept cookies but keep in mind that if you go to a site that isn't working right it may be because the site wants to put a cookie on your machine, and you're blocking that from happening. Some sites alert you to this, while other sites just don't work right. In such cases you can reset your cookie preferences if you want the site to work, or you can make a general exception for the sites you want to use that require you to accept cookies. Realize that all cookies aren't necessarily "bad." The tracking cookies are the ones that are considered undesirable but that isn't always the case either, it depends.

Hpe this helped to clarify things a little.

;)