Opera 9.5 has ruined all my other browsers.

Anthony A

I know of that feature but I'd rather have the tab bar up even if it's just one tab. I actually like the look of it. Especially with that lone green pear up there.

Okay, so how do you get rid of ads? I looked at the Cookie feature and it just gives you the option of editing or deleting them. Still, that's of no consequence. I need ads blocked.

You can right click on the page and in your right click menu you will see "block content'. Select that and the block content dialog opens up. It will highlight what is blockable. Click on what you want to block and it adds the item to the filter.

The best way is simply to install a filter. Try these. There are instructions on how to add the filter to Opera. I use Tamil's filter. It blocks 99.9% and doesn't break many pages. http://my.opera.com/Tamil/blog/ad-block

I know of that feature but I'd rather have the tab bar up even if it's just one tab. I actually like the look of it. Especially with that lone green pear up there.

That lone green pair in the tab is that intentional? It looks like you shut off text in the tabs. Just wondering if you did that intentionally or by accident?

I didn't turn off text there, I just deleted the bookmark name. Any icon that's recognizable is fine with me. If it's a generic bookmark icon I usually give it initials or an abbreviated name to tell me what it's for.

I'll give that filter thing for blocking ads a try now.

You're right, this Opera browser does kick ass. :D

• Moderators

Anthony I also like to just have the forum icons showing without the text.

Using any browser including opera just right click on your bookmark in the bookmarks bar and select properties. Delete (for example) the name piriform.comm press ok, and the words are gone you just have the icon.

You can put the words back in if you want at any time.

P.S. If you use sandboxie you may have to do the edit without sandboxie running or it will be lost when you delete the default box if you don't have it configured to save browser settings.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I copied the huge 'fanboy' adblock list and (thank God) actually found the urlfilter.ini file within my Opera profile, pasted it in there and now I have no ads. Sweet.

I also found what appears to be Operas' about:config page. :blink: Just like FFs' about:config, I have no idea what the commands mean or whether they're on or off or true or false or what. So I just dinna touch anything. But it's neat to look at. I found 2 areas so far, IFrames and JS Scripting.

Anthony I also like to just have the forum icons showing without the text.

Using any browser including opera just right click on your bookmark in the bookmarks bar and select properties. Delete (for example) the name piriform.comm press ok, and the words are gone you just have the icon.

You can put the words back in if you want at any time.

I know you can do that :) The thing is with Opera if you right click and select customize on the Tab Bar and than select "icons only" from the style drop down box it will only show icons for every page loaded in a tab not just book marked ones. I thought maybe Corona had done that accidentally or intentionally.

Because quite a few icons are generic I need to label them with some text.

I tried putting a bunch of extra buttons on my lower status bar, but that somehow screwed up my address bar buttons, so I limited it to just 2 buttons on my status bar (Security and Show Images).

Because quite a few icons are generic I need to label them with some text.

I tried putting a bunch of extra buttons on my lower status bar, but that somehow screwed up my address bar buttons, so I limited it to just 2 buttons on my status bar (Security and Show Images).

I shut the Status Bar off. I see no need for it at all. Opera lets younput the progress bar right in the address field so you don't nedd it for that. Any buttons you want to get at on the Status Bar can be moved to other tool bars.

The one thing Opera has that is great is the Start Bar. That is the one that drops down when you click in the address field and hides when you click on the page. You can see it in the screen shots i posted in my earlier posts. I use it and the Main Tool Bar only. Since the Start Bar hides the only bar showing is the Main Tool Bar. I even toggle off the scroll bars so I have almost an entire full screen except for the Main Tool Bar.

I'll give that a try & see if I can be comfortable with it.

You know what I really don't need (after much ado about FFs' All In One sidebar)...is the side bar. It's nice but I disabled it because I can get what I want from the address bar.

This Opera browser is better than 10 beers. Which reminds me...

Oh! You know what bugs me? (Yes, I know, everything.) That New Tab text next to the New Tab icon in the Tab bar. (Ahhh, that 'new tab' smell...) There's no way to have it just as an icon. There must be a way of getting it up there in the Tab bar without the text. I'll have to look at that Opera buttons page you pointed to again & see if such a monster exists.

Oh! You know what bugs me? (Yes, I know, everything.) That New Tab text next to the New Tab icon in the Tab bar. (Ahhh, that 'new tab' smell...) There's no way to have it just as an icon. There must be a way of getting it up there in the Tab bar without the text. I'll have to look at that Opera buttons page you pointed to again & see if such a monster exists.

It's very easily done don't worry. If you look at my screen shots I posted you will see my New Tab button on the Tab Bar has been removed and replaced with other buttons but those buttons have no text. Here is how you remove the text.

When you right click a tool bar and select "customize" the customize dialog is tool bar specific. That means the settings in that dialog are for the tool bar you right clicked on. Further more the Tab Bar is divided into 3 sections. The middle where your tabs are, and the right and left "ends". So if you want to get rid of the text on the New Tab button right click on the end of the Tab Bar where the button is and select "customize" Than on the tool bar tab you will see a drop down box called "style". Select "images only" and the text will disappear. If you do this on the middle of the Tab Bar you can make the text in the tabs disappear and and just have favicons in them.

You know what I really don't need (after much ado about FFs' All In One sidebar)...is the side bar. It's nice but I disabled it because I can get what I want from the address bar.

I love the Opera Side Bar. I move it to the right side of the screen and set the "Panel Toggle" to on so all I have to do is click the side of the screen and the Side Bar opens.

Alright, it worked! Thanks Anthony! newmdanceg.gif

Browserpanels.jpg

I always wanted a really simple browser theme before but none ever stuck with me near as long as this one. It fits my gray WindowBlinds "Dew" theme so well.

You mean like this

27450d69.jpg

The "file through help" you are referring to is the Menu Bar. You can shut that off and have a button with those features in it. Like I do. You can also put it in your right click menu like I did.

99f7d6e8.jpg

c84b927a.jpg

How did you manage to hide the menu bar and integrate it into the context menu???