Total Uninstall or Revo Uninstaller

hotrod

Hi Guys

i currently use both of these and can't make up my mind which to keep. I'm leaning towards Total Uninstall as it shows so much info right down to each reg entry, but Revo has added tools to use. They both do a first class job of completely removing software/programmes from systems. Please give your thoughts recommendations etc

regards

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

You should keep Total Uninstall, because you have to buy it, while Revo is free. (I personally think Revo is better.)

I didn't pay for either of them, i downloaded both from a link on this board (provided by DennisD i think).

Regards

They are two different type of apps so keep both.

Revo does not take a snap shot ouf your system like Total Unintsall does. Revo uses the built in uninstall of the program you try to uninstall and than looks for leftover entries and gives you the option of removing them. It is great for apps that you have installed but haven't taken a snap shot with Total Uninstall yet. Revo also has some nice other tools with it. I use it as a replacement for The Add/Remove Applications of windows. It loads much faster and lists more info. Revo also has "Hunter Mode" that you can use to kill processes that you don't know where their from. Just drag it over the icon or window and it will give you the option of killing it or removing it.

• Moderators
You should keep Total Uninstall, because you have to buy it, while Revo is free. (I personally think Revo is better.)

You're right about current versions of Total Uninstall Icedrake. Most people here, as far as I'm aware, have the "Last Freeware Version".

Available here:

Both very good apps. I'll second Anthonys observations, with the addition that with Revo being free, we can benefit from it evolving and hopefully improving, whereas you're stuck with Total Uninstall unless you want to pay for an up to date version.

Thanks for your valued comments guys, i think i will stick with Anthony A's advice and keep both for now then decide in a few weeks/months time

regards

Richard.

Revo also has "Hunter Mode" that you can use to kill processes that you don't know where their from. Just drag it over the icon or window and it will give you the option of killing it or removing it.

Hmmmm, always wondered what that hunter mode was for....

Actually, I use KillProcess for that kind of thing....

I mostly use ZSoft but if Ive forgotten to analyze an installation use Revo. You know what though? You run RegSeeker and it'll find a dozen or more entries those programs have missed. It's the best! I'd never use it to just clean because it'll probably find entries you need. But for thorough cleaning it's a must have. Also, always check C:\ Program Files and both All Users and Owner Application Files (run: %AppData%)