irprops.cpl

juliab

Hi,

I recently downloaded CCleaner to clean up my registry/startup etc. Now I'm getting this message: Unable to locate pcdrsysinfobluetooth.p5x - irprops.cpl not found. It's telling me that reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

What do I do?

Thank you,

JB

Hi,

I recently downloaded CCleaner to clean up my registry/startup etc. Now I'm getting this message: Unable to locate pcdrsysinfobluetooth.p5x - irprops.cpl not found. It's telling me that reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

What do I do?

Thank you,

JB

Hi Julia,

You should have software to reinstall relating to some wirelss device and your PC.

Try re-installing this software.Reboot your PC.

If you uninstalled this software on purpose then try running CCleaner Registry cleaner again and see if there are still issuues to be fixed.Don't forget always backup Registry changes.

Don't delete any start-up relating to this software again.Leave the Registry alone.

If that doesn't work use this MS link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834340

Good luck,

:) davey

Edited by davey

Hi Julia,

You should have software to reinstall relating to some wirelss device and your PC.

Try re-installing this software.Reboot your PC.

If you uninstalled this software on purpose then try running CCleaner Registry cleaner again and see if there are still issuues to be fixed.Don't forget always backup Registry changes.

Don't delete any start-up relating to this software again.Leave the Registry alone.

If that doesn't work use this MS link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834340

Good luck,

Hi davey,

I don't think I have that software :-( (I never had to install anything of that kind). I don't use any wireless devices. Is the irprops message I'm getting somehow related to Dell updates? Do I even need to have it (irprops application/ bluetooth) installed on my computer? If so, I'm not sure how to reinstall it, If not - how do I get rid of it completely?

I don't think I deleted anything related to it from the startup menu ( only realsched, jusched, mnyexpr and msnsgs) but in any case I restored it back to startup (just to be safe). The same with the registry, also restored to where it was before running CCleaner (did back up, used the "merge" option, hope that's how it's done). So everything should be how it was before the clean up and I am still getting this annoying irprops error.

Thank you for your help,

Julia

Hi davey,

I don't think I have that software :-( (I never had to install anything of that kind). I don't use any wireless devices. Is the irprops message I'm getting somehow related to Dell updates? Do I even need to have it (irprops application/ bluetooth) installed on my computer? If so, I'm not sure how to reinstall it, If not - how do I get rid of it completely?

I don't think I deleted anything related to it from the startup menu ( only realsched, jusched, mnyexpr and msnsgs) but in any case I restored it back to startup (just to be safe). The same with the registry, also restored to where it was before running CCleaner (did back up, used the "merge" option, hope that's how it's done). So everything should be how it was before the clean up and I am still getting this annoying irprops error.

Thank you for your help,

Julia

Hi Julia,

I don't know how you got that software originally.Many guesses but who cares.

If you know how to use Device Manager look there and see if there any "hidden" devices.

I had one on one of our PC's and of course nobody had any idea how it got there.

If you find one just "uninstall" it.Mine was causing random Blue Screens Of Death.

We will eliminate it somehow.

Good luck,

Hi Julia,

I don't know how you got that software originally.Many guesses but who cares.

If you know how to use Device Manager look there and see if there any "hidden" devices.

I had one on one of our PC's and of course nobody had any idea how it got there.

If you find one just "uninstall" it.Mine was causing random Blue Screens Of Death.

We will eliminate it somehow.

Good luck,

Hi davey,

I asked my husband about that software and he doesn't remember anything either.

Anyway, the only hidden devices I see are: Non-plug and play drivers, and Storage volumes. Are you sure I should uninstall them?

Thanks,

Julia

Hi davey,

I asked my husband about that software and he doesn't remember anything either.

Anyway, the only hidden devices I see are: Non-plug and play drivers, and Storage volumes. Are you sure I should uninstall them?

Thanks,

Julia

I am glad you asked.I figured you would find some media related item.

Just wait and see if we get some more knowledgeable advice.

It may have been software that came installed or something installed as part of software that was tried and incompletely

Uninstalled.It never showed up until you cleaned out some "temp" file somewhere.

Things like this should be resolved.

I have seen people that had to put new engines in their car because a warning light stayed on for months or years.So of course they ignored it when it was really trying to warn them when a serious situation was occurring.

• Moderators

Please don't uninstall anything in hidden devices yet, some software put things there such as drivers to stop peole accidently deleting them, eg.at the moment I have 3 drivers from my firewall in there!

Do you have any infared on your computer as that can also relate to this.

Also have a read here

http://www.d-a-l.com/help/archive/index.php/t-9974.html

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Please don't uninstall anything in hidden devices yet, some software put things there such as drivers to stop peole accidently deleting them, eg.at the moment I have 3 drivers from my firewall in there!

Do you have any infared on your computer as that can also relate to this.

Also have a read here

http://www.d-a-l.com/help/archive/index.php/t-9974.html

Hi davey and hazelnut (thank you so much for your help),

No, I haven't uninstalled anything yet, and no, I have no infrared devices (unless my husband installed something recently but it would have to be invisible;-)).

As for the link you posted; option 3 doesn't apply to me because I have not upgraded to XP Professional (and again, have no infrared devices). Also, the error message I get is not: "Rundll irprops.cpl missing entry Bluetooth

authentication agent" , but "Unable to locate pcdrsysinfobluetooth.p5x - Irprops.cpl not found".

I don't think option 2 applies either; I get the error message but not necessarily at startup. Anyway, I checked my startup and don't see "rundll32.exe irprops.cpl" there at all.

As far as option 1, again, I don't have any infrared devices.

I did a search and my irprops is located here : C\Windows\Driver Cache\I386\Driver\irprops.

Btw, my pcdrsysinfobluetooth.p5x is found in C\Program files\Dell support system\HWDiag\bin.

I am totally clueless as to what's going on;-(

Julia

juliab, why not get a copy of HijackThis and post a log in the analysis area?

Spyware Hell - HijackThis Log Analysis

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showforum=12

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

juliab, why not get a copy of HijackThis and post a log in the analysis area?

Spyware Hell - HijackThis Log Analysis

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showforum=12

Do you think I should do this? Do you think the error message I'm getting is somehow spyware related (I understand that the forum where you post the HijackThis log is mainly for spyware issues, right?).

I have HijackThis somewhere on my computer, just not sure what to do with it once I find it.

Julia

Do you think I should do this?
Yes.

Do you think the error message I'm getting is somehow spyware related (I understand that the forum where you post the HijackThis log is mainly for spyware issues, right?).
It could be or a failed application installation or removal.

I have HijackThis somewhere on my computer, just not sure what to do with it once I find it.

Julia

Please read:

New Users Start Here, Instructions and Advice

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=11000

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Ok, you're probably right. I'll try to do it later today or tomorrow. Thanks;-)

Hi all,

I am also having this same exact message popping up at start up and at random moments while using pc. My wife and I do not know where it came from either, but we have not used the CCleaner that you are talking about. I am not that good with computers, so any help you can offer or if Julia finds a solution, I would greatly apreciate some help.

Thanx

cbrafter

Hi all,

I am also having this same exact message popping up at start up and at random moments while using pc. My wife and I do not know where it came from either, but we have not used the CCleaner that you are talking about. I am not that good with computers, so any help you can offer or if Julia finds a solution, I would greatly apreciate some help.

Thanx

cbrafter

Hello cbrafter,

Someone has been searching the Web looking to resolve their problem.This is good!

You are more than welcome to get the help you need.

Welcome to the forum!!! and thanks for your information.

We probably crossed paths searching for more information in this situation.

Your input answers the question "Is this a CCleaner problem?"

Now I don't think so.

If you find more information please let me know and I promise to do the same for you.

We are all learning here.

Thanks again,

P.S. It would be helpful if you could answer a few questions.Answer below or next to the question.

When did the message start appearing on your PC?

What OS,edition,version,64bit or 32 bit do you use?

What were some of the latest updates etc. that you installed?

Is your PC doing any other unusual things?

Have you done some security scans for malware(viruses and such)?I would recommend this.

Enough questions for now.Any more questions,come on back.

Edited by davey

Hi all,

My annoying irprops message seems to have disappeared! I'm not sure what caused it in the first place and I'm not sure what made it go away but here's what happened:

I needed to update my AVG (to AVG 8) and realized that it only worked with Windows XP SP2 (yeah, we still had SP1). So I installed SP2 as well. Next, my new AVG found 2 viruses: JS/Downloader.Agent and Win32/Heur (now gone from my system). They may have been somehow related to Java (I had an older version of Java, which perhaps got compromised). So I emptied Java cache, uninstalled it and then downloaded the latest version (Java 6 udate 6).

That's the scoop. If someone can figure out which of the steps above fixed my problem, please let us know.

I'm gonna try and be up to date with all the updates from now on!

Julia

Ps.Good luck cbrafter ;-)

Hi all,

My annoying irprops message seems to have disappeared! I'm not sure what caused it in the first place and I'm not sure what made it go away but here's what happened:

I needed to update my AVG (to AVG 8) and realized that it only worked with Windows XP SP2 (yeah, we still had SP1). So I installed SP2 as well. Next, my new AVG found 2 viruses: JS/Downloader.Agent and Win32/Heur (now gone from my system). They may have been somehow related to Java (I had an older version of Java, which perhaps got compromised). So I emptied Java cache, uninstalled it and then downloaded the latest version (Java 6 udate 6).

That's the scoop. If someone can figure out which of the steps above fixed my problem, please let us know.

I'm gonna try and be up to date with all the updates from now on!

Julia

Ps.Good luck cbrafter ;-)

Well Julia congratulations.You just did the smartest thing you can do for your PC.

I am glad that I gave you that list of questions.I normally give it to people the first time that I reply.

In you situation at first it didn't seem to apply.I figured you had a simple solution but it went beyond that.

Sometimes that list of questions seems to chase some users away.Either it is because they are too afraid to admit that they don't know what it is about or they don't understand how important the answers are in arriving with a proper solution to their problems.

This is a shame because this forum is one that helps users to fix their problems and also advises or teaches how to avoid them in the future.We never try to make any member feel less important than any other person.The list also motivates people to take an active role in resolving their problem.

I am glad that you took YoKenny's advice.

You were very smart to take the actions that you did.Getting your software up-to-date is always important.Cleaning out old versions of software is beneficial when it comes to Applications like Java.

It and certain other programs had some security vulnerabilities that needed to be fixed.Java always comes out with completely new releases and the old versions remain on users computers.You can never be certain which version is going to be activated.

There is a product that many of our members use to keep Java up-to-date and it also cleans out out old versions automatically with your permission of course.

It is called JavaRa. Just click on JavaRa at the bottom of the Software page. http://prm753.bchea.org/software.html

Another valuable tool that members also use is available to make it simple to keep your software up-to-date.It was recommended to me by YoKenny also.It reviews all your software and verifies that it is up-to-date.It is called PSI (Personal Software Inspector)

https://psi.secunia.com/ Personal Edition (PSI) - Free

I just run it every now and then.It is simple and effective.

To keep it even simpler you can use the Online version of the Inspector and you don't even have to install any software.

The Secunia: Online Software Inspector is best to use as an on-demand scanner:

http://secunia.com/software_inspector Recommended by YoKenny

It sure is going to be hard to figure out what cured your problem.I think it was a combination of things related to proper software updating and security procedures.Malware will always sneak in.

No matter how careful we are,we must protect ourselves in the best way possible.

Sometimes users are not aware of how easy and simple it is to do the things that are necessary to keep their PC use pleasurable instead of a nightmare.

Most people will do this if they find it to be very simple to do.

I invite you and other users to use this link and follow it.Especially where it says "this is important for you".All the other parts of the post apply to you and all users as well.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=104255

Best wishes and thanks for your informative reply,

Edited by davey

I would greatly apreciate some help.

Thanx

cbrafter

Hi cbrafter,

I promised to keep you updated.

The best news comes from our own member, juliab.She also wishes you Good Luck.

Return to the thread and see how she did it.

This may also help you with your situation.

Well Julia congratulations.You just did the smartest thing you can do for your PC.

I am glad that I gave you that list of questions.I normally give it to people the first time that I reply.

In you situation at first it didn't seem to apply.I figured you had a simple solution but it went beyond that.

Sometimes that list of questions seems to chase some users away.Either it is because they are too afraid to admit that they don't know what it is about or they don't understand how important the answers are in arriving with a proper solution to their problems.

This is a shame because this forum is one that helps users to fix their problems and also advises or teaches how to avoid them in the future.We never try to make any member feel less important than any other person.The list also motivates people to take an active role in resolving their problem.

I am glad that you took YoKenny's advice.

You were very smart to take the actions that you did.Getting your software up-to-date is always important.Cleaning out old versions of software is beneficial when it comes to Applications like Java.

It and certain other programs had some security vulnerabilities that needed to be fixed.Java always comes out with completely new releases and the old versions remain on users computers.You can never be certain which version is going to be activated.

There is a product that many of our members use to keep Java up-to-date and it also cleans out out old versions automatically with your permission of course.

It is called JavaRa. Just click on JavaRa at the bottom of the Software page. http://prm753.bchea.org/software.html

Another valuable tool that members also use is available to make it simple to keep your software up-to-date.It was recommended to me by YoKenny also.It reviews all your software and verifies that it is up-to-date.It is called PSI (Personal Software Inspector)

https://psi.secunia.com/ Personal Edition (PSI) - Free

I just run it every now and then.It is simple and effective.

To keep it even simpler you can use the Online version of the Inspector and you don't even have to install any software.

The Secunia: Online Software Inspector is best to use as an on-demand scanner:

http://secunia.com/software_inspector Recommended by YoKenny

It sure is going to be hard to figure out what cured your problem.I think it was a combination of things related to proper software updating and security procedures.Malware will always sneak in.

No matter how careful we are,we must protect ourselves in the best way possible.

Sometimes users are not aware of how easy and simple it is to do the things that are necessary to keep their PC use pleasurable instead of a nightmare.

Most people will do this if they find it to be very simple to do.

I invite you and other users to use this link and follow it.Especially where it says "this is important for you".All the other parts of the post apply to you and all users as well.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=104255

Best wishes and thanks for your informative reply,

Hi davey,

I took your advise and downloaded Secunia's PSI. Thanks a lot. I am in the process of updating everything that's out-of-date on my computer.

I also posted my HijackThis log (as suggested by YoKenny). It's here

Thanks for everything, davey (and others, of course),

julia

julia, the HijackThis log is from a downlevel version so get the updated version:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis

IE7Pro user