Defrag frespace says it's complete when I want it to do more

Robbie G

One thing I want in freespace defrag is to be able to move everything to the front of the drive, allowing me to repartition the the freespace. However, after the last defrag with the latest version (1.01.073 beta), it placed some files at the very end of the drive. Neither defragging the freespace (even with allowing fragmentation) will move these files. Plus it's weird that 2 of the blocks are colored green. I've attached a picture.

Thanks for any help

Robbie G

post-17753-1210887050_thumb.jpg

post-17753-1210887050_thumb.jpg

One thing I want in freespace defrag is to be able to move everything to the front of the drive, allowing me to repartition the the freespace. However, after the last defrag with the latest version (1.01.073 beta), it placed some files at the very end of the drive. Neither defragging the freespace (even with allowing fragmentation) will move these files. Plus it's weird that 2 of the blocks are colored green. I've attached a picture.

Thanks for any help

Robbie G

Hi Robbie,

Thanks for all your input regarding Defraggler.

Members like you help to improve the product.

Have you tried defragging those remaining files,a few at a time.

I have seen in the past that this sometimes helps to free up some of the space near the front of the drive.Then smaller files can fill in the gaps.

Then Defraggler can do more about moving and/or defragging and getting more freespace defragged.

Don't forget that those little file areas at the inside of the disk are probably files being used by Defraggler to do its work.Like providing you with your "view" of the Drive.

:) davey