File deletion.

Hello, and thanks for such wonderful programs you've made. I was just wondering about the file deletion part. I got about 12k files to recovery but mostly are junk. Can you on the next release make it delete the files permanently. That would be one of the best feature to have. I tried deleteing them but they still there. So I'm wondering if it's not ready yet or (which is why I posted here) a bug. Thanks for reading.

Hello, and thanks for such wonderful programs you've made. I was just wondering about the file deletion part. I got about 12k files to recovery but mostly are junk. Can you on the next release make it delete the files permanently. That would be one of the best feature to have. I tried deleteing them but they still there. So I'm wondering if it's not ready yet or (which is why I posted here) a bug. Thanks for reading.

The only thing still there if you did it correctly is the file name.

:) davey

The only thing still there if you did it correctly is the file name.

Yeah, I'm sorry I should've tested it a bit longer. You are right it did get deleted but the file name remains there. Although when I restarted my computer, it never came again or probably restarting the program. Thanks tho and sorry about the false report. Don't get mad =(

• Moderators

We're probably all a bit mad (crazy) but not at all mad (angry). If you keep a fairly constant amount of data on your disk the filenames (which are held in the Master File Table) will eventually be overwritten as new files are created and go forever. If you've had a busy day then any files which are sent out to the more uncharted areas of the disk may live there for a long time. They're not really worth bothering too much about, unless they're called something like Paris_shows_all.jpg.

PS Please everyone don't PM me, I don't have a copy of that jpg.......

Yeah, I'm sorry I should've tested it a bit longer. You are right it did get deleted but the file name remains there. Although when I restarted my computer, it never came again or probably restarting the program. Thanks tho and sorry about the false report. Don't get mad =(

Hello Jetvictor,

Welcome to the forum!!!

Visit here as often as you like.

You will find that the members on this forum will not treat you the way you are treated elsewhere.

We are here to help and advise.We love it.

Your input and other members input help keep the products improving.

Remember Recuva is great for recovering deleted and lost files and folders also.

Best wishes,