RAM Upgrage

rushh

heyy .. guys i m new here..

i have a compaq s5030il . and i want to upgrade the ram

i currently have 256mb ddr (pc2700) ... ( frm that 64 mb is shared mem ..coz i hv a onboard graphics card )..

ow i went to crucial.com since i read the previous threads.... but suprisingly my model isnt listed there...

can plz som1 help..?

also is my ram 266mhz ? how do i knw.?

i want a 400mhz now .... and will it be compatible.?

does the ram depend upon only the chipset ?? i hav a sis651 chipset...

thanks a lot.. awaiting yr helpful replies..

The Crucial System Scanner was unable to determine the exact HP - Compaq model that you have. You can still find the right memory upgrade for your HP - Compaq computer by using the Crucial Memory Advisor? tool.

>>but i managed to get this info.

Maximum Memory Capacity

4GB

but ther is also one more prob.

i ran cpu -z and it told me i have 4 slots.. but i have only 2 that i see..

so is this a prog error .??

also i have 64mb shared ( as video mem ) so wen i upgrade this will automatically be shared again rite ?!

thanks for yr replies.

post-1958-1119795301_thumb.jpg

post-1958-1119795329_thumb.jpg

post-1958-1119795301_thumb.jpg

post-1958-1119795329_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
heyy .. guys i m new here..

i have a compaq s5030il . and i want to upgrade the ram

i currently have 256mb ddr (pc2700) ... ( frm that 64 mb is shared mem ..coz i hv a onboard graphics card )..

ow i went to crucial.com since i read the previous threads.... but suprisingly my model isnt listed there...

can plz som1 help..?

also is my ram 266mhz ? how do i knw.?

i want a 400mhz now .... and will it be compatible.?

does the ram depend upon only the chipset ?? i hav a sis651 chipset...

thanks a lot.. awaiting yr helpful replies..

I did a little checking on HP's website and found that the s5030il and the s5000nx use the same memory (HP part# DB222AX). Here is the Crucial page for the S5000nx. Should be what you need.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp...5000NX&tabid=AM

I did a little checking on HP's website and found that the s5030il and the s5000nx use the same memory (HP part# DB222AX). Here is the Crucial page for the S5000nx. Should be what you need.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp...5000NX&tabid=AM

Tried to find some more info on your computer but HP's site has very little. Most low-end Compaqs and Hp with 2 memory slots are rated for 1024Mb of RAM. Know my HP a305 is. If you put more than that in, you will need to make some changes in your BIOS to handle it. If you are thinking of more memory for gaming, go with a meg of RAM and add a graphics card. Check your power supply first , you'll need at least 250 watts. A lot of the latest game require a 5200 FX Nvidia or better and will not even load up if you are running on Intel intergrated graphics. I'm running 2.7Gig Celeron, 768Mb RAM, and a 5200 FX card and can run most any game out there. Granted, I can only run "Far Cry" on mid-level graphics but it takes a NASA computer to run that game flat out. LOL