Should I unistall Norton 360?

Smoked

I would. But I'm me and you're you. (Actually, I wouldn't install AVG, I'd use my own preference.)

Why would you want to uninstall Norton? Are you unhappy with it? Subscription about to run out? Borked your OS?

Those are the usual suspects.

I would. But I'm me and you're you. (Actually, I wouldn't install AVG, I'd use my own preference.)

Why would you want to uninstall Norton? Are you unhappy with it? Subscription about to run out? Borked your OS?

Those are the usual suspects.

I feel like I got somethin that norton isnt finding....

There are other options.

Be right back.Check back here.

:) davey

P.S. This an excellent online scanner.Just use the scanner,you don't have to check anything else unless you want to.

http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/ ESET ONLINE SCANNER

What is going on that makes you feel that Norton isn't finding something?

System slowed down?Pop-Ups?

P.S. Ran ESET ONLINE SCANNER on my PC Approx 2 hrs 972,000 files Nothing bad found.

P.S.These answers help to evaluate the problem.Just fill in the answers next to the questions.

Are you running with Administrator privileges.

OS,edition ,32bit or 64bit and version ?

Browsers and ver.?

Security software and ver?

Other data you think might be relevant?

What did you do and then what happened?

Edited by davey

Cureit by DrWeb is a pretty good demand malware scanner for second opinions. Requires no install, runs from the download location. Last but not least (hopefully) Norton, notorious for being intolerant of other security apps, shouldn't have a hissy about it.

Are there specific symptoms, or is it just the usual background paranoia, elevated a tad? ^_^

• Moderators
Cureit by DrWeb is a pretty good demand malware scanner for second opinions. Requires no install, runs from the download location.

It still writes registry data though, even though it doesn't install.

Try uninstalling Norton 360, restart a couple of times, and if there isn't much of a speed difference, there's something else bogging you down.

(THIS is assuming you have a means to install it again, of course)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

smoked, may i ask what are the specs. of the computer you have Norton installed on?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

and Kaspersky(which i use) is way,way,way, better than AVAST.. :P:P
I would gladly use Kaspersky but as I'm on a limited pension and its $59.95US cost would buy me quite a bit of food and I don't own a credit card so it makes it a bit hard to pay for it.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

and Kaspersky(which i use) is way,way,way, better than AVAST.. :P:P

SOULJA-kol sent me a PM saying that he investigates ways to get keys for software so that he does not have to pay for them.

I refuse to lower myself to that of a common street criminal no matter what

my fate hands me :o

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

SOULJA-kol sent me a PM saying that he investigates ways to get keys for software so that he does not have to pay for them.

I refuse to lower myself to that of a common street criminal no matter what

my fate hands me :o

call a police dude.. :lol:

call a police dude.. :lol:
I'll just call a Big Cat:

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/bigcat.htm

IE7Pro user

There is a perfectly legal way to get Kaspersky, YoKenny. There was a promotion recently where they gave out keys for free. If you would like one let me know.

I just read an interesting discussion in a Windows IE newsgroup about a problem I was having with IE7 hanging my system when trying to start it up after the system was idle for a while.

I would like to use Kaspersky and hopefully by the time I have to renew the license I will have enough money to pay for the update.

Edited by YoKenny

IE7Pro user

Message sent. I didn't post it on the forums since it came in a magazine I subscribe to.
Thanks.

I'll check it out.

IE7Pro user